Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Auction Listings / Classified Ads/ Jeeps for Sale Sightings!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1946 CJ2a for sale in Conifer, CO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stude-a-willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1946 CJ2a for sale in Conifer, CO
    Posted: 02 May 2018 at 7:21pm
A guy in the neighborhood, Eric, had me drop by and get his willys running last weekend. (I was out and about in my 47 and he came and found me.)

Professionals fixed the brakes over a year ago and it wouldn't run anymore.
30 minutes with my multi-tool and his spark plug wrench and it is a runner again.

It is a stalled out project. He has $5100 in it. Can deliver. It is already on the trailer.

It is mostly all there. At least 1 crack in the frame horn, bedliner on just about everything so hard to tell how rusty it really is. It is a former Texas cattle rancher Jeep. Go Devil still in there. Runs rough, but half the fuel is 12 years old and the other half is 2 years old. I think fuel and adjust the carb to run at 9,0000 feet will help. Point gap seemed a bit big too. It is still 6 volt.

I didn't notice any military parts on it or anything like an overdrive. It does have the modern warn lockouts on it. 

New canvas top
New NDT tires
Rebuilt starter
new voltage regulator
new wrong shocks
new 2" lift springs (but it still has the right "C's"

solex carb. 

I think it will run/drive/stop and it has a cleanish Texas title. 

I don't think it is on Craigslist or anything. He's an IH Scout guy.
I have no dog in this hunt. Just passin' along an opportunity if someone needs a fresh project. 

Send me a PM so I can send you some pictures I snapped and Eric's phone number. (I don't have it with me today.)

Studebaker re-powered CJ2a
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 1:58am
So, is that his price, Stephen, $5100?  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
stude-a-willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stude-a-willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 9:24pm
Bruce: I think that is his price for now since that's the number he mentioned to me. Hope you are doin' well, Stephen

Studebaker re-powered CJ2a
 Post Reply Post Reply