Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1947 CJ2a - bigdaddy's Jeep therapy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2/14Marine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2017 at 3:55pm
Great video! I never get tired of the sound of that engine and transmission. Especially the sound of my son's laugh every time we go for a ride. 

Edited by 2/14Marine - 23 Aug. 2017 at 1:56pm
bigdaddy13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigdaddy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug. 2017 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

Thanks for sharing! Someone sure looks like they are enjoying the test drive! Clap

Yup , all three of us were all smiles. 😊

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigdaddy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug. 2017 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by 2/14Marine 2/14Marine wrote:

Great video! I never get tired of the sound of that engine and transmission. Especially not the sound of my son's laugh every time we go for a ride. 

Thanks! And yeah, i dont know who was laughing more like a schoolgirl, me or my school girls...lol. I think i had them beat πŸ˜‚
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2017 at 4:44am
Originally posted by bigdaddy13 bigdaddy13 wrote:

Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

Thanks for sharing! Someone sure looks like they are enjoying the test drive! Clap

Yup , all three of us were all smiles. 😊

Right! Something about driving these old Jeeps, always a great time. Even when they  make life difficult, they are still worth it!
48CJ2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48CJ2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2017 at 3:24am
Wow that paint looks pretty good for what it is. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigdaddy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2017 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by 48CJ2 48CJ2 wrote:

Wow that paint looks pretty good for what it is.Β 

Thanks! I've used it on several projects and it seems to hold up well. the trick is to thin it down, allow to cure, wet sand and then put on the next coat.

The process seems to consistently produce a finish that is very hard-wearing, and not horrible looking. :)

Plus it meets the budgetary needs of this constantly broke father of three...haha.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigdaddy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug. 2017 at 7:59pm
Got some time in the garage this weekend.

1. fabbed up an alternator mount. seems to work alright. Going to pull it off, paint it and reinstall with some appropriately sized hardware as it's just mocked up right now.

2. My 7 year old and I are doing some artwork on the side of the Willys trying to emulate classic car door advertising art.

I'll post up a few pics later today.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigdaddy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug. 2017 at 7:13am

Alternator mount

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigdaddy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug. 2017 at 7:17am
another view

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigdaddy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug. 2017 at 6:49am
I bounce between functional projects and aesthetic ones, especially when my anklebiters "want to help paint dad's jeep". Drop the wrenches, make a template and be ok with erasing the first 3 tries with acetone. 

It ain't a perfect logo, but the time spent "jeeping" in the garage with her was. 😎😎😎

Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug. 2017 at 6:55am
Priceless,well done Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigdaddy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2018 at 6:07pm
Updates:

1. Sourced an NOS Holley 1904 carb, and had it professionally rebuilt. Now i just need to find the right fuel fitting and fab up a throttle linkage between the carb and stock system. Possibly have a new fuel line bent up, too. (Rubber ok to use? I have a great hose/hydraulic shop nearby)

2. Been working on the wiring. I have my dash light, all my guages and the horn working. 12v bulbs in the front running lights, but need to wire those up and get 12v replacements for all other lights.

3. Rear rack is pretty well finished for now. Finished welding and gave it a quick coat of rustoleum black. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigdaddy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2018 at 6:11pm
some recent pics, though i've actually painted the hood and painted over our initial artwork. My daughter and i are working on something new.

srlbotanical View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srlbotanical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2018 at 12:14am
Glad to see a bump in this post. I still love to go back and watch your video for inspiration every now and then. Can't beat the combination of the sound of a flat head and giggles. 
Steve
1948 CJ2A - The Good Dog
1997 TJ - The Trail Rig
2001 XJ - The kids ride

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigdaddy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2018 at 8:30pm
So I've made a ton of progress lately. Have enjoyed the progress, and actually being able to get the rig out on our street for some test drives.

I'll try to post up a video of a recent test drive.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigdaddy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2018 at 8:33pm
Test drive video

Edited by bigdaddy13 - 26 Feb. 2018 at 8:39pm
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2018 at 9:11pm
Cool video, sounds good!! That middle seat you got going there is really cool! I like that alot.
Runs with Beer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runs with Beer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb. 2018 at 3:38am
Looks ready for the CSCT!
Original SideΓ—Side
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>