Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - Tech Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2005 4runner question if you can help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47goDevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2005 4runner question if you can help
    Posted: 31 Dec. 2010 at 1:46am
i know, i know, this isn't quite the place for such a modern device but maybe one a you guys can steer me in the right direction. i respect your knowledge. thanks in advance. 
 my mother has this toyota four runner engaged in four wheel drive that will not disengage . 
i've not yet touched the vehicle and no trust for the dealers mechanic. 
 this mechanism is a push of the button away you go device.  i'd never own one but there it is stuck engaged.  rarely if ever used for that purpose and only driven about ten miles a day. 
 i'd shrug it off but riding in it knowing the damage being done to the front end (all roads are paved now a days ) .   other than suggesting them to stay off the pavement, i could only think of you kind folks. 
    so let it rip. if you can.  i'm visiting for about a week and hope to at least get them to understand what needs to be done.        it's a 2005 toyota four runner eight cylinder.  other than that i know nothing about it.    again thanks in advance. 

ralf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec. 2010 at 2:43am
1947 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee Tractor

1941 J-3 Cub
1957 Farmall Cub Low Boy tractor
1942 Clarktor WW2 tug
 Post Reply Post Reply