Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2017 Cheap Jeeps Meet and Ride - Event Date: 29 Sep. 2017 - 01 Oct. 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheap Jeep (CJ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2017 Cheap Jeeps Meet and Ride
    Posted: 12 June 2017 at 7:03pm
The dates for our fall Willys get together on the farm is scheduled for
arrival on the afternoon and evening September 28, and morning of the 29th. Troy and Julie Cammack are hosting again on the farm at 228 A. Copass Rd, Tompkinsville, KY. Please let us know if you plan to attend.

Dates of planned rides are the Sept 29th and 30th. Will have campfire each night. Troy will have hookups available for campers with 30 day prior notification. Also, space will be available for anyone wanting to rough it with tents.

Several country buffet restaurants and a steakhouse are within 5 mile radius, along with MacD, Sonic, Dairy Queen, 4th Street Café, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut. Also several local BarBQue Restaurants. Prices at most for meals will be under $10.

Water will be provided, anything else will be bring your own. Anyone can bring parts to sell or trade.

Motel: Tompkinsville Inn
        1500 Edmonton Rd
        Tompkinsville, KY 42167
        (270) 487-9228

Room availability is first call for reservations. Rates same as last year. Please let them know you are with the Willys Jeep Meet. (Under Marilyn Barnes Deweese)

Contact information:
Troy Cammack (270)407-3078 or home (270)487-6748
Lonnie Deweese (270)670-9038'
Marilyn Deweese (270)427-7001

Any questions give us a call. Please plan to attend this fun filled jeep riding weekend and sharing time with old and new friends. Lonnie, Troy, Julie and I have been looking forward to seeing everyone and being able to share this time with everyone.     
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2017 at 11:53pm
Lonnie, Marilyn- we plan to be back again this year with two flat fenders. My brother-in-law Steve and me had a great time last year. I think Steve has replied to you via e-mail- count on us to come down- we may have the other BIL and nephew as well!  

We'll camp, not sure if we'll rough it or bring a camper at this point. I'll PM ya'll and/or Troy as it gets closer. I hope you still have my number from the Reunion or have given it to Troy. 

Looking forward to it! More later!

Greg
Cheap Jeep (CJ) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheap Jeep (CJ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2017 at 3:35am
Glad you can make it back this year. Really looking forward to seeing everyone, the daily rides, eating and campfire nights. Everyone is welcome.
Black Sheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2017 at 4:50pm
Hey guys!

We are beginning to get ready for the gathering and I have to admit I'm a little excited this early. We are mapping some new back country roads and trying to plan a catered lunch at a historic motel in Red Boiling Springs Tn. This will be a drive your jeep to the hotel and in a small town that is known for massive cars shows. We want to show you as much as we can with the time we have. We are up for the ferry ride again if that's something you guys would enjoy also.
 I am interested in who is trying to make plans to attend for the historic hotel lunch. Be thinking about who is gonna need camper hook ups (elect,water,etc...) We enjoy doing the get together but knowing who and how many really makes our planning easier.
 The machine shop will be base and it will be available for any needed (not repairs! lol.) additions to jeeps, restroom, socials, and definitely coffee.
 Campfire every night and possible entertainment if we bring instruments! Barry, J-pet...
We also had some really good singing, one from ill. and one from Co. Hint Hint!!!!
 My Boys have done a great job maintaining the farm for us. Matt has been pushing hard to finish all work in the machine shop so we can have it's availability. Hats off to Matt!! We have so much more to mention but time is slim at the moment. I will try to post more later but for now we would love to hear from you guys who are goin to try to attend!

Come on over to Ky and see us!!!

GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2017 at 10:46pm
Troy- PM sent. Looking forward to it!

Greg
Jolly Rodger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolly Rodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2017 at 2:14am
Howdy Lonnie, Marilyn, Troy and family, 
I plan to attend Cheap Jeeps run this year, had a great time last year. It looks as if I might be alone this year, I'm gonna try to bring the Andie critter if her daddy will allow.
C Ya soon!
John
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug. 2017 at 1:50pm
Mindy and I will be there with Gertrude (my 3b) sometime thursday. We are staying at the hotel.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug. 2017 at 4:18pm
Reservations made for 29th and 30th..

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Black Sheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug. 2017 at 10:07pm
Hey Guys
  Its great to hear that some of you are going to attend! We are looking forward to this gathering more everyday!
  Greg, we are open for any and all suggestions for our ride this year. Cycle Mo's is absolutely not out of the question. Feel free to post a few of the haunted histories of the motels,we are eating at,for those who haven't been. You are welcome to camp anywhere on our farm you want. For the record, We have added 50 acres to our farm and it is open to you also. Don't be eye balling my deer and turkey though. LOL
  We are in litigation with land owners for the off road trip. There is a lot of issues with ATV trespassers and this doesn't help our cause. We are not goin to bank on this for the obvious reason it would only mess up a day of touring the country side. If it works then it's a plus for the weekend. If it doesn't, we haven't messed up our plans.

If anyone else has a suggestion for the week end send it on over! If we can pull it off, we will sure try!

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2017 at 7:18pm
Trudy and I are staying at the hotel. Heading out after work Thursday.  Be at Troy's Friday morning.  Staying till Sunday.  I'm really looking forward to this.  Hey Black Sheep.  How is the "litigation with the land owners fot the off road trip" going?
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
al_minn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_minn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2017 at 1:04pm
Left Saturday morning on a slow scenic drive down.  Looking forward to our "camping" spot at Troy's, the rides, and the company!  Will be there Thursday afternoon.
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2017 at 6:48pm
Ya'll be safe driving in. So far the weather looks great for the weekend, no rain, highs in the 70's lows around 50 at night.

Me and Steve will be in Thursday afternoon. Troy- put us to work if you need us. I'm a great "gopher".

Lonnie- pm sent on the driveshaft. I think someone is bringing Kevin a carb too. 

Just a thought, Troy, if you haven't already you might want to publish the farm road GPS address. 

And if you are coming in from the north, the new 163 may not show on an older GPS (like mine) but it will bring you right into the sprawling metropolis of Tompkinsville. 

Greg
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2017 at 6:59pm
How for from the motel is it?   Will we need some directions to find it from the motel?

We should be in around lunch Friday hopefully.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheap Jeep (CJ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2017 at 1:13am
Roc, it is approximately 6 mi from the motel. Straight through the city of Tompkinsville from motel and continue past Middle and High Schools on the left for approx. 1 mi road divides into a Y go to the left, road #1366 continue approx. 4 mi. Farm is located on the left. Give us a call and we will make sure someone can meet and direct you and bring you to meet the rest of the group. There will probably be more arriving around the same time and we will head everyone toward Red Boiling Springs area to meet with everyone else. Can't wait to see you and Phyllis. Be careful driving and stay safe!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheap Jeep (CJ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2017 at 1:13am
Roc I told you wrong, go right at the Y on 1366.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheap Jeep (CJ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2017 at 1:17am
Jeff, so glad you and Trudy are coming. Can't wait to see you both. Troy, Matt and Michael have two great days of rides planned and I do think everyone will truly enjoy the trails, roads, etc. Promise both you a good time. Be careful driving and stay safe.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2017 at 1:48pm
Thanks Lonnie, see you soon!

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2017 at 1:52pm
Mindy and I will be there Thursday late afternoon.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>