Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2017 Easter Jeep Safari - Event Date: 08 Apr. 2017 - 16 Apr. 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2017 at 4:27pm
Flat Iron Mesa:

Lots of footage to put together yet. Headed home.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2017 at 5:36pm
Have a safe trip. BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2017 at 7:04pm
Thanks for all the pictures of your trip.  Have a safe trip home.   Tom
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2017 at 1:27am
I'm pleased to see Sarge was there. I saw he was being tethered, hope all was well with that.

Thx, Stan and Jeff (and everyone else that helped) for sharing your memories with us homebound jeepers.
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
Tiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2017 at 4:17am
Stay safe.
48CJ2A
Tiny
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2017 at 5:35am
Jpet is carrying the really good video of our run yesterday on Flat Iron Mesa home with him. I sure when you see it you'll be impressed. In the mean time here's some GoPro video from Grampa's Jeep of the Flat Iron Mesa run. All these climbs don't look as awesome as they should from the on board camera. I have a bunch more of this onboard footage from our other days that I will have to take some time to plow through and see if any of it is worth sharing.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2017 at 6:31pm
I have lot's of video to sort through but I'll kick it off with this one:

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2017 at 7:57pm
I like your new toy, Jeff!    Great perspective. Can't wait to see more.

My Videos
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2017 at 11:15pm

Edited by jpet - 16 Apr. 2017 at 11:18pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2017 at 1:23am
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2017 at 10:28am

Edit: Fixed screwed up video

Edited by jpet - 17 Apr. 2017 at 6:25pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2017 at 12:10pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2017 at 3:33pm
Here's a video of our run up Moab Rim trail with shots mostly from my GoPro onboard Grampa's Jeep. I spliced in a few clips from jpets video above. As usual my videos are too long. This one is almost 20 minutes. I sped up the clips in between the obstacles to x4. Hope that makes it a little more interesting. Tried to find some Benny Hill theme song music for high speed parts, but couldn't figure it out.

Anyway....

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2017 at 7:56pm
Good stuff Stan. And, it wasn't too long. I could watch old jeep videos all day...

BTW, what movie maker program do you use? It seems to have a pretty good anti-vibration algorithm.

My Videos
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2017 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Rick G Rick G wrote:

Good stuff Stan. And, it wasn't too long. I could watch old jeep videos all day...

BTW, what movie maker program do you use? It seems to have a pretty good anti-vibration algorithm.

Thanks Rick,

I think Jeff's videos are a little more fun than mine because he concentrates on the more epic action and gets good shots of it. The on board GoPro doesn't always give you the most dramatic shot, at least for recording rock crawling. I do like to look at a video that shows the whole length of a trail  sometimes though, especially when I am planning on trying that trail out. You don't always get the real feel of a trail from a couple of minutes of the biggest obstacles. I guess I do more documenting and Jeff does a better entertaining job. I am a librarian after all.

To put the video together i used Windows Movie Maker. Works pretty good and it's free if you have a PC. The "anti-vibration" mostly comes from YouTube. Whenever you upload a video that appears shaky, YouTube gives you the option of having them fix it. I usually say yes. 

I used to put captions over the pictures a lot. I try to avoid that now because if you do that, after YouTube corrects the shakiness of your picture,  your captions jump around on the screen.  

In the Moviemaker program I now almost always use the "Add Title" feature, even in the middle of the video, to add text. That way the text is on a plain background and doesn't get jumpy when YouTube fixes the rest of the shaky video. You have to make a break in  your  video to be able to add a title in the middle.

Hopefully I'll have some more time in the next little while to go though my other GoPro footage of this trip and put it out there. It's fun to have Jeff recording stuff because he gets it out there right away.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr. 2017 at 2:13am
Here is a link to a free video editor that is pretty powerful:
http://openshot.org/

Stan, That is a very cool video and I like the 4x speed. Glad to see new footage that takes me back to last week. I had a total blast with you, Ward, and Mike. It was totally cool watching Grandpa's jeep embarrass some of the tricked rigs. I really think that Moab is a special place and I think that EJS is very cool and so is FOTS. I don't see myself getting tired of EJS anytime soon! A great way to kick off the jeep season. Can't wait to wheel with you again in June!

Edit: Moab is definitely a different kind of wheeling than what we have seen in Colorado.

Edited by jpet - 21 Apr. 2017 at 2:16am
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr. 2017 at 1:30pm
Here is a pretty cool shot that "Hawkeye" took of Grandpa's Jeep and BAM BAM on Kane Creek:

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr. 2017 at 3:29pm
This is not great handling of my drone but still some good shots of the canyon:

Edited by jpet - 21 Apr. 2017 at 3:32pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>