Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2017 Ouray Colorado @ Colorado West Jeeps - Event Date: 15 Aug. 2017 - 17 Aug. 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtognx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2017 Ouray Colorado @ Colorado West Jeeps
    Posted: 16 Aug. 2017 at 3:54pm
Thanks for stopping by!!!!
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 5:20am
That is a good looking bunch of Jeeps.  More pictures please. 
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 12:17pm
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 1:21pm
Very nice video, thanks Jeff.  Good group of folks.
ricco View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 1:42pm
Looks like a great group!...beautiful country...and great airborne video!   
She can dance a cajun rhythm....jump like a Willy's in four wheel drive...("Sugar Magnolia")

'48 CJ2A #204845 "Lumpy"
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 2:09pm
Jeff drove 18 hours to ride with us one day. Then that evening of this video'd day headed back. You are a true Jeeper. I think no other form of filming could do what your drone did. The sheer magnitude of the vertical drops, water, and tight  turning which allowed no mistakes was the greatest Jeep challenge I have ever experienced. The altitudes were frequently 12 -13,000 feet. This created difficult fuel delivery problems for me. Others the same. Holy cow, what a amazing time. These mountains are the pinnacle of top of the world Willys driving. Many thanks to Nivrat, and Baha4 for their expert guiding, and re-assurance that "just take it slow, and you will be fine". You two sure helped us. Simply amazing. John & Carol
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Red Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 3:10pm
Great video Jeff, thanks for posting. It was great seeing you even if it was only for a day. 
Glen
49 CJ3A
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 4:58pm
love the pics!  Thx. Wish I had been there. 
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 5:17pm
That part of Colorado has some spectacular scenery. Other than the video quality being much better, the footage looks like it was recorded years ago when Ouray reigned as Jeeping Capitol of the World. Looks like a fun outing. Thanks for the pics and video. 
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 5:47pm
Thanks Jeff. Sometimes I have to look at pictures to realize how lucky I am to have grown up in this state. It all gets forgotten until you see it through another persons eyes.
uncamonkey
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 6:31pm
Here is some short footage of Imogene:

.... sorry for the "flicker" in the videos.  My phone's image stabilization must be going wack.

.... yup drove 18 hours straight to get there and 19 hours with a 6 hour break to get back to an appointment in Chicago on Wednesday....all while recuperating from surgery.  Nobody should underestimate how much I love Ouray  and particularly the Blackbear/Imogene loop.  My favorite trail.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 6:56pm
I hate to state the obvious because I hate it when people do it to me. I just stare at them until they figure out it was a stupid remark they just told me. Perhaps you should move to that area if you can get it past the family. Hopefully you are not stareing at your phone thinking that I am an idiot.
uncamonkey
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 7:03pm
Man, I'm sitting here on the first day of school longing for the high summits of the San Juans.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 7:09pm
Good places to be but I have also learned to appreciate the grasslands East of me. Fun places to hike or for a dirt bike ride. Miles and miles to explore and you can go on into the Nebraska sand hills.

Edited by Unkamonkey - 17 Aug. 2017 at 7:31pm
uncamonkey
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Unkamonkey Unkamonkey wrote:

.... Perhaps you should move to that area if you can get it past the family.......
Some day, but for now, the timing is not right.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

aboyandhisdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aboyandhisdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 7:20pm
Awwww man...a bucket list trip for sure!  Great videos and photos, thanks for sharing them with us.
Tom
1949 CJ3A

Fred Coldwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred Coldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 8:08pm
Jeff:

Thank you for the spectacular videos of us coming down the Black Bear Pass trail above Telluride. Hawkeye truly was our roving jeep reporter's eye-in-the-sky. It was great to see you again if only for the day. See you soon again in a month at the FCT. :)
Happy Jeep Trails,

Fred Coldwell
Denver, CO
1944 CJ2-09 - X-33
1945 CJ2-26 - X-50

athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 9:55pm
These days, many people live such self-centric existences.  Views like this remind me of my insignificance when compared to the “Big Picture”.  It’s truly humbling for me.

Thank you for sharing.

1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>