Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

25th Annual Spring Willys Reunion - Event Date: 19 May 2017 - 20 May 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1948willysjeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 3:07am
I really enjoyed the show! Lots of great people there!
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 12:07am
Made it home safe and sound an Gertrude is back in her garage after being rained on so much! Only victim of the weekend was a few tents, not bad.

Thanks to everyone for coming this weekend, you really made it a great show!
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 12:08am
Made it back home safe and sound. Thanks to all involved for putting on a great show. I know there's a lot more work involved than what we see on the surface... both before and after the event. I had a great time seeing current friends, meeting new ones, learning more history, and expanding my mechanical knowledge. So again, thanks to all.
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 2:06am
Well, I'm not home, but I did make my destination in Lancaster, PA.

Gr8 time! The hotel was gr8, the people were gr8 and the jeeps were gr8! Lots of 1st timers.

Thanks so much to Bob and Mindy for all the hard work and dedication!
Congrats to Dennis Caraway for the TBA! All these years he was too humble to receive the award that he started but for the 25 reunion, it was too hard to resist!

Thanks to Paul Barry for his presentation on the history spring and fall reunions and thanks to all who contributed to the past information!

Thanks to sonoblast77 & Jolly Rodgers for getting BAM BAM & Sam's Jeep back to Illinois safely!

Thanks to all the jeepers near and far who participated and made the 25 so much fun!

Edited by jpet - 22 May 2017 at 2:38am
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 3:56am
Well my 410 mile trip home went well. No raindrops at all till 30 minutes from the house and it came down....for about 10 miles. Everything soaked, then no rain.

Just want to echo what has already been said. Great folks, great fun. Was nice to see everybody still come out even with rain and hail.

Good accommodations, helpful friendly motel staff. Good shrimp buffet too!

Bob and Mindy, Jeff and all their helping hands did a great job. It was a very fun weekend for me even with the rain.

Great job!

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 4:09am
Great work to all involved.  Thanks for putting it together.  

The Jeeps and enthusiasts were fantastic.  Thanks Again.

Edited by Stev - 22 May 2017 at 4:14am
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 12:47pm
I'd like to thank all of you who made the trip to Columbus.  Even with the rain, I think everyone had a good time.  I got to drive my 3a to the show and even better, got to met a number of local jeep owners and people from Columbus who wanted to see the jeeps on display.

I'd also like to thank BENSH for the work he did in getting the word out about the Reunion in central Indiana.  We both were hoping for a great show that would make you want to visit us again.

Barry

https://www.farmjeep.com/
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 1:15pm
And I just want to say on behalf of myself, Mindy, Jpet, Sue, Monica, Kevin, Bill, Dennis and everyone else who contributed, that even though the show is a ton of work, seeing everyone share knowledge, make new friends, catch up with old friends and share their love for these old jeeps makes it all worthwhile.

Mindy and I have some bills to pay, some mailings to send out and a few loose ends to take care of and then we will be done with the show for 2017. Stay tuned about an announcement for next year!
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 3:28pm
I'm sorry I had to bug out early on Friday for a family day of obligation at home. I was hoping to talk to alot more people, but, I am thankful I did get to see as many familiar faces as I did. Also got to meet a lot of new people I've talked to via e-mail and the phone. Nice to put a face to a name.
Had a couple of 'col bars' with the usual suspects, which is always a highlight.  

Thanks to everyone for their hard work. Looking forward to next year.
Bill

Holy Toledo! Jeep Calendars and the Dispatcher Jeep magazine

http://dispatchermagazine.com
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 5:25pm
Boy oh boy!  There's a pit crew to have working on an old Willys!

And those are some nice shoes you put on Sam's Jeep.  I've never seen someone break down a tire with another Jeep before.  Clever trick.  So how is it running?  What do we need to fix?  I'm anxious to drive it in South Dakota, and here in Colorado. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 5:32pm
I'll be shipping a fresh WO carb and a single wire delco alternator with wide pulley and belt to JPET for as a fresh start.
We'll probably swap from the electric Fuel pump back to factory mechanical , replace a few shackle bolts.
Install a windshield cowl gasket.

We still need fresh tubes to install in the other 4 tires.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 5:54pm
And for my good pal Costas....I changed my avatar back. Big smile

Enjoyed the conversation with you and your lovely wife as always.
     (between your accent and mine it's a wonder we can talk at all) LOL

Get on here and talk to us sometime...you really need to post your story of jeep history about your father...very interesting.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

And for my good pal Costas....I changed my avatar back. Big smile

Enjoyed the conversation with you and your lovely wife as always.
     (between your accent and mine it's a wonder we can talk at all) LOL

Get on here and talk to us sometime...you really need to post your story of jeep history about your father...very interesting.

sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 10:38pm
Another Fantastic Reunion! Thanks to those that do so much work to make this happen. We look forward to this all year. It's my get away. My cheeks are still sore from laughing. Nice to see old friends and meet new ones. Now just gotta make time to be at the Fall Reunion. Had a Blast driving around Columbus, Years ago I took my Wife and Kids to Springfield Il. And walked around thinking how much fun it would be. We finally have made it a reality. Kev
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 2:01am
Thanks Kevin, always love Talking to you.

I spent some time with Costas and his wife as well and what a nice couple they are. Hope to have them at the show at my house this fall.

I managed tonight to scavenge parts off the worst damaged tent and fixed the less damaged one, so now I'm only out one tent!
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Bob3b Bob3b wrote:

I managed tonight to scavenge parts off the worst damaged tent and fixed the less damaged one, so now I'm only out one tent!

Rumor has it Sandusky's tent didn't fair so well...

Bill
Holy Toledo! Jeep Calendars and the Dispatcher Jeep magazine

http://dispatchermagazine.com
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 5:44pm
As the storm was raging and I was desperately holding onto my tent, two guys in a flatbed ford came by and stole Sanduskys tent......what could I do?.......thats what I told him.Ouch
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 6:00pm
Truth be told his tent was a victim of the terrible storm as well......beyond repair...so while he was hoisting a cold one I dismantled the remains and hid them in the bushes. It made the story more believable.......

eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>