Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2A rear seat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2A rear seat
    Posted: 06 Feb. 2019 at 1:26am
Hello

I am looking for the correct rear seat for my early 2A.   Looking for a long back tall legs style.

See  2nd pic from left.  Does anyone have one OR is the style offered as a repro?  

Thanks Jim

Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2019 at 2:09am
Jim,
This is the only one being made that I'm aware of and the write-up states its for the thin cushion which would make it the second in the above diagram.

That thin bottom cushion should be secured with 5 screws on the inside edge of the frame (lift cushion to access).  Referenced in the article as "CJ-2A Seat #2"

An original may not be cheap.
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
jeepsterjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2019 at 2:47am
Thanks for the reply!

The seat parts of the #2 high leg pic looks the same as #3 short leg.   it's the "leg" portion that is different.   Bet someone has modified a seat to male it work. 

Jim
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2019 at 4:23am
Jim,
This could be a difference in interpretation, but I believe the Walck's seat is the one with tall legs.  I have an original and it looks the same.  The text on the description puts the seat pan at 7" above the ground.  Mine is 7" at the back of the bottom pan and 8.5" at the front edge of the bottom pan.  I suppose a quick call could confirm those numbers with the aftermarket offered.

If you want to have "longer" legs, there are always options:

Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
jeepsterjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2019 at 4:37am
Thanks!  Will give them a call
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
 Post Reply Post Reply