Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

48CJ2a starting point

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkoloc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2018 at 8:06pm
Outstanding progress, good job!
LTC Mark Koloc (USA-RET)
MVPA#31144
OEF Afghan 03-04
OEF Africa 05-07
OEF KFOR 08-09
WTB 09-11
1942 Ford GPW
43 M16A2 Half-Track w/44 M10      
Trlr
1943 M3 Sct Car
1947 CJ2A
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2018 at 10:30am
These are a couple of pic's the 48 CJ2A, one at work, the other at play. Put about 500mi in the past 6 weeks. Very happy with how it runs and goes down the road. Last road trip (about 80 mi round trip) oil pressure was steady 40psi at 40mph water temp never got above 175 degrees, shifts good no poping out of gear, tight steering,(still have to check toe in guessed at it). Want to give a shout out to Dave the Dentist from WI. for encouraging me to do the transmission my self thanks Dave!, and Stan(GJ) for the transfer case advice. Since last post I added a spare tire carrier (variation of Stan's previous post, without the Jerry can holder). The sore spots have been the horn, and the turn signals(went back to original equipment for now until I get the Sparton switch figured out. Probably spent more time on those two things than putting the engine together Joe W

Edited by wadoyado - 04 Sep. 2018 at 10:32am
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
LuzonRed47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2018 at 12:31pm
Joe, congrats on your '48 resto--the jeep looks great!

What beach is that in your last photo? I live over in Plymouth near Ann Arbor.
CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2018 at 2:53pm
Thanks LuzonRed47, The beach in the pic is Grand Haven MI the city park, next to the state park. GH is about 30-35mi. straight west from Grand Rapids. I like to follow the Grand River to the lake- back roads. Grand Haven is where I met my wife (driving the same jeep) back in 1969, as teens we spent most the summer in Grand Haven. When my wife saw you where from Plymouth she wanted to apologize for CSX trains blocking the road, apparently this is quite common in Plymouth? Joe W
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2018 at 2:54pm
Joe,
That thing looks great! I like the color combo. 
Now is the payoff. Driving the thing.

Edited by smfulle - 04 Sep. 2018 at 3:33pm
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2018 at 3:06pm
Thenks, the Grand Haven beach looks almost as beautiful as your 2A!

The CSX grade crossings used to hold Plymouth residents hostage with frequently stopped freight trains, until they built a road underpass a few years ago.
ACM #124334
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2018 at 6:28pm
   Been away for the past 2 weeks(had to go to Jacksonville FL for wife's work, Yup just as Florence was bearing down). While gone a 12v horn I ordered was waiting for install, was able get it in and works great! 38$ free shipping, made in Tiawan, seemed like decent quality. Took care of a "sore" spot. Included a pic of original horn for comparison. Joe W
Jerseyhawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerseyhawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct. 2018 at 4:28pm
Great job your doing. I enjoyed every step. 

Glenn
He who toils here, hath made his mark.
srlbotanical View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srlbotanical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2018 at 5:04pm
I've been thinking about you Joe. I gotta get out your way before the snow flies!

I've put almost 300 miles on The Good Dog. Man it's been nice to drive a bit this summer!

See you soon I hope.

Steve
Steve
1948 CJ2A - The Good Dog
1997 TJ - The Trail Rig
2001 XJ - The kids ride
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2018 at 9:49pm
Thanks for the comments, Jerseyhawg. Steve our window for a "rip" before the snow flies is rapidly closing. You know MI weather, I know we will still have a few good days to go for a rip Joe W
48-17Willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48-17Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2018 at 9:21pm
Hello everyone. 

My dad was ‘wadoyado’ and he spoke about this site A LOT! It’s like you all were distant family members! He loved reading all of the updates that you were all doing to your own jeeps and loved reading the comments on his project. It is with great sorrow that I pass on that he passed away last Sunday. He succumbed to the liver cancer diagnosis he received at the end of September. Then when I see that he was still working on the jeep and posting after the diagnosis it shows how much he loved the jeep and this site!
Please take me in as you did him because I plan on continuing the family tradition with the ‘48. 
Respectfully
Cory
Cory
2017 Willys JKU
1948 CJ-2A #208783

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2018 at 9:46pm
Cory,
On behalf of all of us on the CJ2A Page.com, our prayers go out to you and your family for the loss of Joe W. (I always thought 'wadoyado' was a great and clever web handle!). As a fellow Michigander I enjoyed reading Joe W's prolific postings. Clearly he loved the '48 Willys and knew his way around the hardware and his tools. Joe will be missed by all of us, but it's great to know you plan on joining the "2A Family." Godspeed, Joe W.!
ACM #124334
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253
JohnB View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2018 at 12:31am
Cory, just know how much your Dad was followed and enjoyed on this site. I am more of a reader than poster here and your Dad was one of my favorites. Prayers to you and your family. John
48-17Willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48-17Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2018 at 1:09am
Generic question. Does anyone know if there is a way to print the message board from start to finish? I think this will be something great to have with the jeep when I show it off at some Willy’s reunions! I made a promise that I would take it to at least one next year! Thanks again 
Cory
Cory
2017 Willys JKU
1948 CJ-2A #208783
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2018 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by 48-17Willys 48-17Willys wrote:

Generic question. Does anyone know if there is a way to print the message board from start to finish? I think this will be something great to have with the jeep when I show it off at some Willy’s reunions! I made a promise that I would take it to at least one next year! Thanks again 
Cory

Hi Cory,

In the upper right hand corner of my browser there is a print command.... It comes out something like this:

We might be able to zoom in and refine the settings... I could work on this for you if you like, just might take me a couple days... Just let me know Smile If you ever need anything Jeep, Bike, whatever, I'm confident there are so many people on this site that will help you with what ever you need!! This is a great group of people who are always willing to lend a hand.

Sincerely,
Geoff
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2018 at 2:05pm
Not sure if it's browser dependent... for me, in Chrome, the first post on every page of a thread has "Topic Options", and under that is "Printable Version"...

If you go under "Search/Advanced Search" there is an option to search by member to find every post (daunting), or you can refine to search out every thread Joe started, then printable version each thread.  I'm not aware of any single button you could push to archive it all at once...

MB

ETA: not sure why, but searching member posts seems to be limited to the last 100 posts(?).  I'm blabbier than that and it only returns 100 for me.  Maybe it's a switch the admin can throw?

Edited by mbullism - 06 Nov. 2018 at 2:16pm
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2018 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

Not sure if it's browser dependent... for me, in Chrome, the first post on every page of a thread has "Topic Options", and under that is "Printable Version"...

If you go under "Search/Advanced Search" there is an option to search by member to find every post (daunting), or you can refine to search out every thread Joe started, then printable version each thread.  I'm not aware of any single button you could push to archive it all at once...

MB

ETA: not sure why, but searching member posts seems to be limited to the last 100 posts(?).  I'm blabbier than that and it only returns 100 for me.  Maybe it's a switch the admin can throw?

Ah yes! Printing from the "Topic Options" seems like a much better option!!!! Thanks MB! Smile
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2018 at 1:28am
Sorry for your loss Cory and family.Your father and I started our built about one week apart.Joe was on my built the second day asking questions,like what welder I was using,he wanted more body work pictures.He did follow my built with questions and a lot of encouragement throughout my built.Joe probably did the same with others. Sincerest sympathies!

Giles

Edited by Gil - 08 Nov. 2018 at 1:34am
1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>