Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

51 Willys Truck - VW TDI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec. 2018 at 4:04pm
Yes, well done!

The copper pipe seems like a great idea to me.
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
Kaput View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2019 at 3:21pm
I am new to these forum's, like Bob I have a 58 Jeep pickup with a 226 and T-90 tranny, want to go diesel. VW has no vibration to speak of compared to a 4BT. So far no luck on an adapter for the VW. Would like to keep the T-90 in it's original location if possible. Could you clue me in on your adapter set up and let me know if it's using the T-90.

Thanks, D. Hansen
Kaput
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2019 at 3:43pm
I retained the t90. No one manufactures the adaptors so I had to make my own. Sorry to muddle up the thread but here are some pictures of the one I made. 

Kaput View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2019 at 4:52pm
Thanks for the pics, I notices you starter is on the opposite side, mine is on the left side, has it been flipped upside down as I noticed the clutch arm hole/slot is on the right-----maybe a different bell housing.

Darrell
Kaput
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2019 at 1:37am
Hmm not sure. My starter was on the passenger side on my willys engine too. My clutch linkage is on the drivers side. The bell housing in the picture was just one I used for mock-up. All the Cj2As I have seen have the starters on the passenger side. I’m not sure if the pickups or wagons are different. 
Kaput View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2019 at 4:14am
I appreciate the your time, will look into bell housing situation, might be different on 226 6 cylinder. Maybe locate a different one, will check around.

Thanks again,

Darrell
Kaput
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12