Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A 1947 CJ2A a DIY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec4193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec. 2018 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by 1988YJ7 1988YJ7 wrote:

Is it an optical illusion or is that drivers side fender way back? It looks like the hood is hanging over a lot.

Hi 1988

It might be a little bit of both...not sure...I think I am going to be naming this thing the "Cob Job Hodge Podge Express"...

If my dad were alive he would be shaking his head for sure...my son is alive and he still is shaking his head...

Got it up for sale still so if anybody wants this little guy...please shoot me a PM...I am ready to send it away...

MikeC

I am the squirrel....
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec. 2018 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by mikec4193 mikec4193 wrote:

This is funny again...I am buying parts for a Willys Jeep from "Speedway motors" and Summit racing...I think about and laugh...i mean the only thing slower than these vehicles is a model T...

When I still lived in Ohio I went to Summit Racing in Tallmadge and bought my a electronic distributor after the stock one broke the oil pump tab in my CJ2A.
It is humorous standing inside the building with all the go fast parts everywhere and I need a part for a 60hp motor!
mikec4193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec4193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec. 2018 at 4:16pm
Off to Conn...I hope he has fun with it...found out his dad is a HAMB member...daily drives a 1932 Ford Coupe...in Conn no less...it will be happy in Conn I am sure...

I am the squirrel....
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec. 2018 at 4:34pm
I have bought thousands of Dollars of stuff for my CHUG from Summit and Speedway. I even bought my JD Juan hood through Summit with free shipping.

Everything inside my D-44 30 spline flanged except the axle shafts came from Summit including the Eaton E Locker G2 gears and SKF bearings

All my Borgenson Steering parts through them

All my AN fittings and hose

Some of my gauges

and going to buy my tires through them pretty soon.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
CT48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CT48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2019 at 11:02pm
Hi, to Mikec and anyone that was following Mike's thread here. I'm Frank, the 67 yr old Dad of the new owner Joe. It will be used by Joe for outback fishing and hunting trips mostly.

We picked it up Sunday despite hitting upstate NY snow and some icing on the NYS Thruway & Mass pike....and 3 days of serious shop thrashing, it now runs and drives. We will be starting a build thread soon.

Pics late today as Joe getting to drive it for the first time. I finished some stuff by 2pm, and he stopped by after work..

We'd like to hook up with flatfender members nearby in CT, Mass, RI for shop talk, events, etc...thanks!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2019 at 11:26pm
What a cool outcome! It'll be great to see this rig continue on these pages! 

Congrats! 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2019 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by CT48 CT48 wrote:

Hi, to Mikec and anyone that was following Mike's thread here. I'm Frank, the 67 yr old Dad of the new owner Joe. It will be used by Joe for outback fishing and hunting trips mostly.

We picked it up Sunday despite hitting upstate NY snow and some icing on the NYS Thruway & Mass pike....and 3 days of serious shop thrashing, it now runs and drives. We will be starting a build thread soon.

Pics late today as Joe getting to drive it for the first time. I finished some stuff by 2pm, and he stopped by after work..

We'd like to hook up with flatfender members nearby in CT, Mass, RI for shop talk, events, etc...thanks!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Welcome Frank and Joe!
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2019 at 1:09am
Yes, what a great story!! A new chapter has begun ClapClap Hopefully Mike will keep us updated on his Model A projects too! 
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
mikec4193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec4193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2019 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by CT48 CT48 wrote:

" />
" />

Hey Frank and Joe

That is awesome...I was worried at first when you guys took it home...but looks like you polished another turd for sure...I hope you and your son will enjoy it....It tested my insanity and then it took away my sleep...glad for you guys...the vintage Jeep guys are the best for sure...and these guys on here are super smart with them too...

thanks for posting on here

MikeC
I am the squirrel....
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2019 at 2:39am
Welcome to the page, CT48!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234