Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - Tech Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anyone done a 4.6 engine swap? Wiring question..
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone done a 4.6 engine swap? Wiring question..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone done a 4.6 engine swap? Wiring question..
    Posted: 01 Dec. 2014 at 1:49pm
I'm helping a friend build a 55 Chevy pickup hot rod, and he's decided to go with the Crown Victoria suspension, rear end and engine swap. (CV's are still fairly cheap and the police interceptor is a handling wonder). We have pretty much figured out the suspension part of the job, and the engine will bolt right into the CV cradle we are installing. But the wiring/fuel injection is way complex.....I know with the Chevy's they make aftermarket wiring harnesses that run the modern FI systems and not much else and they are reasonable, but all we have found on the CV is custom one off harnesses someone is selling for close to $1000.  The other option is conversion to an edelbrock manifold that runs a 650 Holley. That is still pushing the $1000 mark or more.

I'd love to hear form someone who has done one of these about how you did the wiring. I have noticed nobody seems to be installing them in Jeeps....

BTW this is being done to a truck that has already been butchered so there isn't the issue of yet another stocker going away...and he has a 54 that is going with all stock components and keeping its current faded and primer spotted patina..
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

Stretch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2014 at 3:33pm
I did a FI 5.0 swap into a carbed car, just used the wiring diagrams for the donor car, and car I was installing in, and was able to match everything up.

Had to install a inline high pressure pump and lines.
1946 CJ2A #44093
1946 CJ2A #44754
1952 REO M108 Crane/wrecker

Pile of parts...
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2014 at 8:39pm
This is pretty complex but we will have to resort to that if we can't do it simply.  One connector on the engine harness has like 50 or more pins in it....And we have to deal with the fender mounted computer..
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

andyh1956 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyh1956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2015 at 3:31am
there was a boy on ebay or somewhere that would take your stock tbi harness & clean it up for you for like $150 if I remember right. let me look & see if I can run him down for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply