Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Clubs for jeeps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ATTN: Northeast flatty owners

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garage gnome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2013 at 10:33pm
Looks like we'll have to start figuring something out. I'll be out of town this weekend and next week. Wink

My thoughts were, IF we were to have a meet, maybe have it in conjunction with something else, say, an engine show. If anyone has any other ideas, please share! Don't be shy! Big smile
Nate
1953 3A, 1949 3A, 1947 2A, 1918 IHC Titan 10-20, 1905 IHC Famous, other hit n misses
BillF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2013 at 10:59pm
The MVMVC Weare Rally is always a good place to meet.  If you let the organizers know ahead of time they will probably allow it since it is old jeeps and we do have cjs attend.
1952 m38
thompicher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thompicher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2013 at 11:26pm
I live in Augusta, Maine. I'm very much a "newbie" to Jeeps and Willys.
My first is a classic? 1946 CJ2a. Count me in for the MFFOG!
Maine Flat Fender Owners Group!
bkwudz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkwudz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2013 at 11:37pm
I'd be interested
SugarMag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarMag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2013 at 12:53am
I'm in.  Can even design / print the shirts for the club!

I'm nominating the Moose River Plains in the Adirondacks for the first rally.  Indian Lake, NY would be a great place to put something toghether.  They have a great park there where other events take place . . 

No day but today . .
thompicher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thompicher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2013 at 1:04am
There's a new off road park opening soon in central Maine...
New club, new park! Would get word out on both! Check out Wicked Hills. I am pretty sure the owner would appreciate the support!
splinterguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote splinterguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2013 at 6:45pm
I'm interested as well.
1948 cj2a
3 1962 wagons
1951 pick up
willys522000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys522000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2013 at 7:15pm
You indicated Northeast?  The Northeast by definition also includes Pa and NJ, the States you mentioned pretty much are considered New England.  Can you draw us a clearer line on your concept?

Thanks,

Brett.
47Willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2013 at 7:39pm
I would be interested.
Woods Family

1946 CJ2A

1947 CJ2A

1949 CJ2A

1957 CJ5

1984 CJ5

2000 Wrangler

2004 Grand Cherokee
Haines Garage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2013 at 12:04am
Nate,
Put me on your list, I am Going to be bringing my Jeep Home to the Original Haines Garage in the Summer(June) That is my plan. I want Grandpa to see it restored, so have to bring it home to Scotia, NY.
My family is from up North.  I was a Navy Brat Born in the SOUTH! Count me in! Maybe a meet in June......But not on the June the 9th, for I will be at the Great Willys PicnicThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up. Scotia NY Probably on the 11th.
hillbilly21 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2013 at 12:04am
GOOD JOB NATE !!  ClapClapClap

LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT THE BALL OR LETS SAY THE   WILLIS  ROLLIN Wink
1946 CJ2a POW-MIA
51 M38 ORIGINAL
PRES NCFFC
www.eastcoastwillys.org
hillbillystoys.phanfare.co
Kendog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kendog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2013 at 12:18am
Here's another from Western NY, I'm in if I can bring my 3A or Willys powered Empire tractor. I'll park in back - promise.
garage gnome View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garage gnome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2013 at 1:24am
Originally posted by willys522000 willys522000 wrote:

You indicated Northeast?  The Northeast by definition also includes Pa and NJ, the States you mentioned pretty much are considered New England.  Can you draw us a clearer line on your concept?

Thanks,

Brett.

Originally posted by garage gnome garage gnome wrote:

I'm wondering how many flat fender owners in Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Mass, New York, Connecticut and Rhode Island would be interested in starting a club? I think there are a lot of us who would like to do something. I know Ryan Murdock was interested.

I think this is clear enough. There are no shows up this way at all. PA has the mason-dixon gathering, the bantam festival, and the willys picnic. I've never seen an all willys show up this way in the 6 years I've owned my '53. Plenty of off-road events, but nothing for restored ones. 

I was thinking abut one big annual show that is centrally located between those 7 states and not a "club". 

Ken, Don't worry, the Famous will be going with me no matter what. Wink

Edited by garage gnome - 09 Jan. 2013 at 1:28am
Nate
1953 3A, 1949 3A, 1947 2A, 1918 IHC Titan 10-20, 1905 IHC Famous, other hit n misses
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2013 at 1:27am
Just meeting at Weare might be a great first step. They do have trail rides there.. It was in Weare that my stock GPW went where a nice Pinzgauer couldn't...Big smile
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

BillF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2013 at 3:32am
Like I said Weare is a great show and CJ's are welcomed, just they tend to keep off the to side and leave the middle of the field for MV's.  With enough notice you could probably even get some cj2a campsites.  I am a member of the MVMVC so I might be able to help out some.
1952 m38
willys522000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys522000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2013 at 1:25pm
I think this is clear enough. There are no shows up this way at all. PA has the mason-dixon gathering, the bantam festival, and the willys picnic. I've never seen an all willys show up this way in the 6 years I've owned my '53. Plenty of off-road events, but nothing for restored ones. 

Pardon my ignorance, I like to spend time in the Northeast and was interested in a group up there to visit while I am in the area.  I think you have clearly made my choice an easy one.

Brett F. Dixon
F&M 376 
CJPilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJPilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2013 at 1:50pm

Brett -   I think the idea is to invite everybody to an event centrally located in New England.  Nate’s a good guy. I’m sure you are welcome.  Bill’s suggestion sounds like a good start to me.

Steve

1950 CJ3A
BillF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2013 at 2:39pm
Here is my m38 after last years Weare Rally, after the rain had already washed off most of the mud.

Some other photos I took

The rest can be seen here (It really is a good event for anyone who likes jeeps and old heavy duty rigs)  Sorry I didnt get photos of the Cjs

http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/showgallery.php?cat=3298
1952 m38
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>