Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barn Find 48

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sasquatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barn Find 48
    Posted: 22 Jan. 2019 at 5:32am
Hello all, I’m new to the forum and new to the CJ2A scene. I was given this 48 CJ2A from a great friend, I was telling him how a CJ2 was a dream project of mine. Well he took me to his shop and buried under an old boat was this Willy’s. She’s missing a few parts but it’s mostly there, always garages and no real rust to speak of (so far). After a tune up she fired right up. My buddies dad used it for most of its life to pull around people sledding and drive it to the mail box. 

I’m excited to get this project going, any and all help will be much appreciated. The forum has already helped me out a lot.
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2019 at 7:09am
Wow that looks great. And a runner hard to beat that. Brakes first then fun.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2019 at 9:52am
You have a good friend and of course I know where Fruita is, just down the road from Mack.
uncamonkey
Sasquatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sasquatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2019 at 12:48pm
Mark W. You're telling me. I'm happy he trusted me with this little bad boy. I just finished the brakes and they work great...for now.

Unkamonkey, I pretty much spent my entire childhood there in Mack CO. 

Edited by Sasquatch - 22 Jan. 2019 at 12:51pm
Brian3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2019 at 12:53pm
Congratulations on your find, and welcome to the page!
I wish people would quit hittin' me on the head. MQ
Sasquatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sasquatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2019 at 1:39pm
Thank you Brian3, I'm excited to dive into this obsession.
AKoller View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKoller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2019 at 3:10pm
Wow! I need better friends I guess. Good luck with the project. It looks great.
1950 CJ3A "Thumper"
1966 M151 A1
1942 GPW #70221
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2019 at 3:43pm
Welcome aboard. Looks like a cool project.
You could haul a pretty good crowd with those wheel well seats. 

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2019 at 8:07pm
Welcome aboard,awesome looking Jeep.You’re going to have fun it.

Giles
1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2019 at 8:50pm
I'm going to start telling everyone I meet how a CJ2A is a dream project of mine Wink

Welcome to the dark side... the world really IS flat LOL
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Sasquatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sasquatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2019 at 11:46pm
smufulle I have 4 boys so the extra seats are gonna come in handy.
gil, thanks, I'm having a ton of fun researching and working on this micro beast.
mbullism, hey it worked for me!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2019 at 7:54pm
Welcome aboard.  Looks like a nice Willys.

Fruita!  I'm considering an eventual move to your region of our State.  My frustration grows daily with the nonsense offered on the other side.Wacko

Hawk
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2019 at 3:37am
Welcome to the page, Sasquatch!  That looks like a seriously nice Jeep!  Although, the Bubba channel-steel front bumper and the snowplow bracketry indicate some possible rough use.

Tim, my frustration is matching yours.  Wacko  Wacko

Edited by Ol' Unreliable - 24 Jan. 2019 at 3:39am
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Sasquatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sasquatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2019 at 3:56pm
Come on over to this side of the mountains, you’re never more than 15 minutes from a BLM dirt road.

And yes that bumper and plow contraption has to go, though it looks like it’s had new suspension bits added before it sat around collecting character.
Sasquatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sasquatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2019 at 2:50am
So I have been digging into this bad boy and I want to get new wires, cap, rotor etc. I believe my ignition coil is a Mallory DSM ignition coil. It appears to be connected to a ceramic looking resistor? From what I have gathered(which isn’t much) it’s an old 6v ignition coil.

It has a 12v alternator, battery and runs OK but I want to spruce it up a bit. I’m just curious what I could do to update the ignition coil, I’ve searched the forum and my head started spinning.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sasquatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sasquatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2019 at 12:46am
Well thanks to some great help from the forum it’s running amazing, I’ve pulled the diff covers and everything looks great. It’s running like a champ without the choke in 40 degree weather. 

I enjoy tearing into this thing and seeing all the fixes and backyard engineering. The rear diff looks like it was banged on a rock sending the ring gear into the diff cover. He brazed the holes and now it looks like it has warts on the left side of the diffLOL.  You better believe that cover is going right back on the rig.

I also scored a cj3 windshield frame for $120 bucks, it’s not ideal but the look is growing on me.

Here’s the sweet custom diff cover.
Sasquatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sasquatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2019 at 2:38am
It’s coming along, it’s finally on the road and running great.
EMyers View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2019 at 3:01am
It’s looking good. I like the patina. Is that the original grey paint?
CJ2A 18450

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/46-cj2a-18450_topic41246_page1.html

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>