Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bell housing to transmission bolts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oops1215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bell housing to transmission bolts
    Posted: 13 Feb. 2019 at 1:46am
I just removed the engine to bell housing and bell housing to transmission bolts.  What a drag Took for ever with basic tools.  what do the pros use?  Body is on the frame.  not looking forward to reinstalling.
Thanks for any tips!
Brian
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2019 at 3:41am
I have always had luck with taking the front motor mounts off and lowering the front of the motor as far as it will go which give a little more room to take those hard to get to bolts out and back in.

Jim
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
cal.bar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal.bar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2019 at 4:50am
I've always come in from the back.. First removing the trans/tc from BH then BH to engine. And NO have found no perfect tool or methodology. I generally just use standard mechanic's wrenches as the racheting kind are too think to get in to the bolt slots etc. Each way has it's issues. Suffices to say you will get your share of sweat and curse words no matter which way you go.

Edited by cal.bar - 13 Feb. 2019 at 4:53am
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2019 at 4:53am
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
 Post Reply Post Reply