Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Hills Run 2017! June 19-23

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 36>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2017 at 1:12am
I don't believe a bus that small would hold all of the people that could have been riding in one or should be riding in one now.
Personally, I like my corner and the voices there don't bother me.

They're friendly.
uncamonkey
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2017 at 3:04pm

I think he is working on this one.
RWILLYS (Space R)
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2017 at 3:22pm
Notice the bullet holes over me. It was a wild ride, but I literally drove the wheels off it. Thank God for the chicken wire.  LOL
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2017 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Red Willy Red Willy wrote:

John, Mike 

I will have my Baofeng's (8 watt and 4 watt) and usually end up somewhere in the middle. Always willing to help as needed.

Thanks Glen, you are always ready to help. The additional bonus is you can tell us if you are in a "Red Willy Trap". Thumbs Up
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2017 at 5:40pm
Riding a bus to the Breakfast Hideaway does not hold up to this scene from last year..Thumbs Up

Edited by RICKG - 26 Apr. 2017 at 5:43pm
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2017 at 9:11pm
Okerie dokerie.  Got my trail permit.  I'm really looking forward to the new trails Oilly is going to be leading us on.

CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2017 at 9:25pm
Captain Crunch. I love it!!!
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2017 at 9:40pm
Which day is Captain Crunch? I wouldn't want to miss it.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Grumpy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2017 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

I think John said that it depends on the weather for that trail
Grumpy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2017 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

I think John said that it depends on the weather for that trail
Red Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2017 at 12:40am
John, I'm guessing the "Red Willy Trap" will be around for a while Embarrassed
Glen
49 CJ3A
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2017 at 12:51am
There are some trails that aren't worth doing. I'm old enough and I have done things in the woods that I shouldn't have done. I never banged up a Jeep on a trail, never flopped one. No body damage. The only "Band Aid" with a date written on it is on an exhaust pipe. Small ding on the end.
I've dragged about everything underneath of the 3B on trips and I know when to stop and have a meal in the shade. Let the others go on. They were back in a few minutes.
With the properly prepared vehicle, that could be a fun ride.
uncamonkey
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2017 at 3:20am
Originally posted by Red Willy Red Willy wrote:

John, I'm guessing the "Red Willy Trap" will be around for a while Embarrassed

LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2017 at 3:25am
Originally posted by Oilleaker1 Oilleaker1 wrote:

Notice the bullet holes over me. It was a wild ride, but I literally drove the wheels off it. Thank God for the chicken wire.  LOL

No trail permit in the window!, that's why the trail cop shot at you

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2017 at 10:47am
Stan/Jeff, the only captain crunch I've done is in my cereal bowl. Dead I can show you and Stan the  Camp Five Trail, but the Forest Service has closed most of those "tough trails".  A stock Jeep can not make the Camp Five trail anymore. You guys might, but it won't be easy even for you Moab fellows. You may have to take the creek to get past the slide area. 

Two days of our run will be on a ATV trail. That's why the narrow requirements. You will not see any other Jeeps there.LOL I figure if we meet a ATV, he will have to bow out and let 25 Jeeps go by. Strength in numbers thing.  I've not met a bad person yet on the trails. They all seem to smile and even the 20 year old guys say: "I want one of those flatties". 

Thanks for the pictures Rick! I felt like I was back there having breakfast with you. This roving group of people that love to Jeep is such a pleasure to go with. I've never been involved with better "car people". The country you see is not normally seen by most of the population. It's beautiful to me. 

Lee, that cop emptied his gun several times! 

We will have a very good time!
Johnnygeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnnygeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2017 at 2:13pm
Yea Unknmonkey, I'm with you.

"Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. Crazy... I mean like, so many positive waves... maybe we can't lose, you're on! "

Legal fine print: Kelly's Heroes, copyright 1970 Woof, Woof, Woof!
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2017 at 3:07pm
The camp 5 footage on youTube makes the trail appear not very difficult.  Looks like it might jar you to death though.  Open diff JKs and such.  Maybe they are taking bypasses?
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

The camp 5 footage on youTube makes the trail appear not very difficult.  Looks like it might jar you to death though.  Open diff JKs and such.  Maybe they are taking bypasses?

When you compare Moab, Grizzly Lake gate keeper, Chinaman's Gulch to The camp Five Road, Jpet is correct. The rock slide is a stopper. I considered winching the big ones out of the way, but all I could do is pull it towards me without a snatch block. I also do not want to get yelled at for getting someone some body damage. So, we'll take the trail around it and arrive at the other side. All will be good. You rock guys will have plenty of opportunity to take the creek right along side the main trail. I'll watch!Thumbs Up 6 weeks out and counting! Get ready. Oilly
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 36>