Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Hills Run 2017! June 19-23

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 36>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 12:18am
Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

Stan, Lee's only putting a new engine in so Kate can't beat him going down the backroads into John's place.  I was behind him watching the smoke drift away as he and the other "Hot-rods" took off racing for John's.  Nope.  He doesn't want to get bested by "a Girl!"

Mike, I'm a "Ladies First" kinda guy ...   The Crook City Road race is always great fun!, I'm thinking with the spare tire on back reducing wind resistance,the freshly resurfaced "SuperSonic head" I may have an advantage, but then again, what if I showed up with another machine ?

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 12:38am
What's this??  Another machine??  A supersonic head??  Inquiring minds want to know - - - What's going on here????  Is Lee making a play as the "Gentleman Jockey" of the World Famous Crook City Road Race??  Is he seriously considering taking second place to Krazy Kate's Kariage??  I'm not so sure.  I think this frosty but friendly North Country Schemer has a plan in mind.  Will he tell all??  We shall see........
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 2:12am
Well, if you are reworking Dad's Jeep, I'm surprised. That Jeep is about the fastest stocker I've seen .... before any rebuild.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 2:26am
Oily  I was just referring to Muley's comment about the "chat room". That's why the comment About "liars den".
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 2:40am
For any of you lacking confidence to trail ride without a side mounted spare tire, I will have a bolt on, rear mounted tire carrier along with me.  First Come, First Served

Fltfndr
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 3:41am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Well, if you are reworking Dad's Jeep, I'm surprised. That Jeep is about the fastest stocker I've seen .... before any rebuild.

Thank you jpet!, it's true I've built a fresh engine, old one is out, New will be in by the weekend unless issues arise. I have also installed a new set of springs.

Mike, may be something in the works, I may run short on time but one never knows

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 11:50am
Thought I'd mention the speed limit is 45 on the straight away.  At the end of the straight away is a off camber 30 MPH corner.  That area is inundated with deer and they don't read any of the signs. So, no need to prepare a fast Jeep. Lee is the winner and Studewillys was 2nd. Has alot to do with who pins it first. Anyway, a good running Jeep that just drives all day and doesn't cause a problem is what we really need. Clap. A Jeep is a "back woods sportscar". They shine on the trail, not the highway. Be good children! If you don't, I'll tell Mom! Wink
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Oilleaker1 Oilleaker1 wrote:

Thought I'd mention the speed limit is 45 on the straight away.  At the end of the straight away is a off camber 30 MPH corner.  That area is inundated with deer and they don't read any of the signs. So, no need to prepare a fast Jeep. Lee is the winner and Studewillys was 2nd. Has alot to do with who pins it first. Anyway, a good running Jeep that just drives all day and doesn't cause a problem is what we really need. Clap. A Jeep is a "back woods sportscar". They shine on the trail, not the highway. Be good children! If you don't, I'll tell Mom! Wink

An All true statement from a guy who drove his "Cobra" down the same road at well over, yes well over 100 MPH ...... I was there in the passenger seat! .... That being said, I well agree Jeep road racing is fun but should be put behind us .

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 1:42pm
You guys are sounding way to sensible.  Have your ladies been talking to you again??
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 12:19pm
Mike, we are on our 2nd childhood. Back to the sandbox only this time we have real motor noises. LOL That Lee guy is what causes all the problems. Oilly
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 1:03am

Mike, we are on our 2nd childhood. Back to the sandbox only this time we have real motor noises. LOL That Lee guy is what causes all the problems. Oilly

If I'm. Causing trouble I can stay home but most likely NOT!

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 3:05am
Lee, you wait till your Father gets home!
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 3:26am

Lee, you wait till your Father gets home!

He told me to have fun with the Jeep!, I'm only fofilling my obligation

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 5:49pm
Hey Hawk!

When are you planning on being at the BHR? Just curious as I saw you were going solo. I'll be in Boston on 22nd and 23rd. I may try to work on a side schedule!!!!!!

Tumbleweed
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by tumbleweed tumbleweed wrote:

Hey Hawk!

When are you planning on being at the BHR? Just curious as I saw you were going solo. I'll be in Boston on 22nd and 23rd. I may try to work on a side schedule!!!!!!

Tumbleweed

Ohhhhh! Now that would be cool. We could call the duo--------"Hawkweed". 
Johnnygeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnnygeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:12am
Hello All,
Just finished up the Willys Overland Rally, Moab. Gonna do the White Rim in Canyonlands with one other Flatfenderer Thurs-Fri. Then driving up to Black Hills to park the Jeep at an MVPA buddies home near Hot Springs. Then back home for a few days, pick up the wife and head back up for the BHR. Will probably arrive Sat or Sun. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
John
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 3:20am
Originally posted by tumbleweed tumbleweed wrote:

Hey Hawk!

Tumbleweed

Tumble,
If you can find your way to the BHR, I'll have a seat for you. I plan to bring the 2A this time. My confidence level with this one is quite low. Just be prepared to both drive it...and push it.
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
aboyandhisdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aboyandhisdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 3:41am
George, if you arrive before Hawky, I have an open seat too and you're welcome to it.  I'm sure you'll have your pick of rides!

Oilly, I took my steps off today...this better be good!  Thumbs UpThumbs Up
Tom
1949 CJ3A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 36>