Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Body Lift

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sierra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Body Lift
    Posted: 22 Apr. 2017 at 3:49pm
I would like to put a 1.5" to a 2"  "body" lift on a 46 CJ2A. I can not find a part number for the rubber to achieve this, any help would be much appreciated. I have an F-head in the Jeep and would like to use the original hood without cutting it.
DaveJohnson
Mike S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2017 at 3:48am
I think the best bet would be a low profile carb and intake. That much body lift is a lot and hard to achieve without a number of alterations -  radiator, brakes, clutch, steering column, etc. You mifght be able to do 3/4" to 1" without too much trouble.
'47 CJ2A -- #114542
Warn FF D41 rear
Lock-Right locker
11" drum brakes
Dual master cylinder
T90C Transmission
16 X 6 Jeep truck wheels
Cooper STT Pro tires
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2017 at 6:01am
Even a 1" lift will give you many headaches.

The clutch and Brake pedals will not fit through the original holes in the floor
The fender mounts and Toe Board Gussets will not reach their mounting holes on the frame
The Fan if stock will hit the Shroud
The Steering column will have to have the angle changed which can reduce clearance between your hands and a Wiper motor if bottom mounted
Throttle Linkage will have to be shortened
Thats what I can think of off the top of my head

I am going to do about a 1/4" lift and I hope that doesn't screwup a bunch of stuff.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
windyhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windyhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2017 at 2:12pm
I used cj5 polly body pucks, it worked great and I only had to open up the peddle holes a little. I wouldn't go anymore though. IT gave me about 1/2".
'48 CJ2A
'53 CJ3B
'59 CJ6
'65 CJ5
'67 CJ5
sierra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sierra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2017 at 3:57pm
Thanks for the info I may have to flatten out the air horn a little to get the hood to shut.  
DaveJohnson
 Post Reply Post Reply