Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

canvas and frame

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justin T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: canvas and frame
    Posted: 18 May 2017 at 2:27pm
Hi,
 I'm in upstate NY, I have part of the original canvas top and doors for my cj-2a. I'm not going to end up using them. Is anyone interested? Both doors are complete, need new window material, I have some of the frame and some of the canvas. Let me know, shoot me an email at jrtredo@yahoo.com and maybe we can work something out.

thanks
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 2:31pm
I would love to have them.  What year is the jeep they came off of?

I will send you a pm.
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2017 at 1:31pm

This is what I purchased from Justin.  It will be used as a reference for details and patterns to sew a historical top.  It is in very rough shape, full of mouse holes and shrunk.  But it is a factory 1946 soft top.  It is too small to be assembled with factory bows. It is pictured here on our 1946 trail Jeep with shortened bows.  Still very cool.

I am going to  the Hueston Woods, Ohio Jeep gathering today and will put it on the parked 1946 this afternoon for a few hours if anyone is going and wants to see it.

Edited by Stev - 02 June 2017 at 1:48pm
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
 Post Reply Post Reply