Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CFFC Fall Color Tours 2019! - Event Date: 15 Sep. 2019 - 20 Sep. 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 28>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2019 at 12:01pm
Mr. Vic, I hope you do get chosen so you can spend the whole week with us cruising around in the mountains.  I'm happy to share the week's schedule with you, except that we won't have the specific rides planned out until June.  But I can share what we do know so far.  

Saturday, Sep 14, and Sunday, Sep 15, will be busy receiving folks here at Thirsty Dirt Ranch (TDR).  And there will be lots of last minute activity cleaning out the shop and getting ready for the rides, and socializing with old and new friends.  Sunday afternoon we're talking about having a class for new folks to the tours to let them know how we operate, how to drive in the mountains, things to pack for the tours, where to buy gas, and generally answering questions.  No time for that class is set yet, but it'll be in the shop.  We will probably follow that with a shake down cruise into the forest near TDR for folks to check out how their Jeep runs at this elevation, and practice some mountain driving.  

Meals throughout the week are on your own.  Lots of folks will get together with friends and go try the local restaurants, or gather at someone's camp to cook a community meal.  But lunch time all week long will be out on the trail.  

Monday we'll have a driver's meeting at 8:30 in front of the shop.  Everyone should be gassed up, and packed up, and ready to go by 8:30.  We'll talk about the day's tours, some safety stuff, some radio stuff, sell a few hats, and get folks organized for the day.  We'll depart by 9:00.  We'll return to TDR sometime in the afternoon so be sure to have a lunch with you.  The rest of the afternoon and evening will be spent socializing, repairing Jeeps, and preparing for the next day's ride.  

Tuesday thru Friday will be a repeat of Monday.  Thursday will be the exception.  That's the day we have our big pot luck feast.  So in the afternoon we'll clear out the shop to set up for the feast.  We'll also have our raffle prize give-away after the feast.  We may try to set up a black powder shoot again this year, but as always, it would be subject to any recovery operations we need to do.  That's what killed it last year, having to go recover 3 Jeeps that suffered problems along our route.  Friday is the day we do our Grand Ride along the top of Aspen Ridge.  

Saturday, Sep 21, we may do a short ride in the morning, but most folks are packing up to head home. Some folks will stick around until Sunday to help me with the clean up and close down of the facilities.  Sunday afternoon, I'll sit in a lawn chair in the shop, drink half a beer while thinking back on the week, and take a nap.  

M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2019 at 3:56pm
Pot luck evening.
The amount and verity of food at last years pot luck was amazing.  I am sure no one went away hungry.
The prizes being drawn for covered at least three tables.  I think Mike had fun being the MC.  The food,  the prizes and socializing with friends new and old made for great evening.  
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
Mr. Vic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb. 2019 at 1:24am
Thank you for the reply.  It sound like a great time.  My registration is in the mail and my fingers are crossed ; )
'46 CJ2A
'60 Willys Wagon
'61 Econoline P/U
'29 Model A
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2019 at 11:53am
This past week I received 4 more forms, so our count is 49.  The last names are: Williams, Stokes, Vickery, and Evans.  Nancy commented to me that there are quite a few forms from new folks to FCT.  This week 2 of the 4 forms were from new people.  I'll have to go back through the stack of forms to see how many new people are listed.  After a gulp or two of hot coffee to sharpen my eyesight, I went through all the forms and found that so far there are 13 new folks who registered to join us.  I think this may be the highest percentage of new folks we've ever had for a FCT.  26%.  This should make it a fun and entertaining year.  I'm looking forward to it.  Our circle of friends will expand, and the list of FCT alumni (?) will grow.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
longmontgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longmontgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2019 at 7:40pm
Mike,
You have always put together such an amazing FCT for everyone! We've got our registration filled out and in the mail today! I'm not on the forum as much as I ought to be, but I'm glad Russ asked about dates for this year's run last night! Excited to see how everything works out!
Emily   :)

'48 2a "Lefty" (WFB legacy)
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2019 at 1:01pm
Hey Emily, thank you for those kind words.  We try to please.  I'm looking forward to seeing you and Russ and Alan again.  I still think back to the time your Dad kicked you out of Lefty as he was trying to climb the grade by the waterfall on the way to Saint Elmo.  He claimed you were too much "dead weight".  Boy didn't we give him the $h!t for that move!!!  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
longmontgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longmontgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2019 at 8:13pm
Ah Mike,
I definitely remember that! What a great trip! And thanks to all my jeepin' buddies for giving dad hell about that! LOL Thank goodness Bruce W. had a co-pilot seat available! Lefty is definitely trail ready! We've been taking good care of her and taking her out as often as we are able. Love all the memories! Big smile
Emily   :)

'48 2a "Lefty" (WFB legacy)
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2019 at 1:49pm
Ooops I'm slacking here.  I only got one registration form last week.  It was from Boyd/Oram.  And that was our magic number 50.  

And speaking of registration forms I thought I should include the link again.

If you have any questions about the form, or the changes we're making to FCT, I'll be glad to talk with you about them.  We're looking forward to another great year for Jeeping here at the Thirsty Dirt Ranch. 

BTW, mail the registration form to:  Mike Picard, 20123 Hideout Lane, Nathrop, CO 81236

Edited by m38mike - 27 Feb. 2019 at 12:13pm
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2019 at 2:20pm
Good Sunday morning to everyone.  This past week I received 5 more registration forms, and emails about another couple on the way.  This brings us to 55 forms on hand.  The forms for this week came from: Logan/Cooke, Cary, Heffelumperdink, Witch, and C.Kate.  Now some of these are looking a little suspicious of being guilty of trying to stack the deck for a particular person.  I'm beginning to think that this certain individual may have too much time on their hands and too much mischief in their mind.  What makes me suspicious?  Well, Glynda the Good Witch circled NO when asked if this was her first time at FCT.  Somehow I'm not remembering this "Good Witch" being here before.  And I'm afraid I don't remember Ernestine Heffelumperdink either, despite her claim to have participated in the past.  Now Calamity Kate I know has been here.  From loose steering wheels to missing exhaust studs to broken clutch linkages, ol' Calamity has been around and constantly provides amusement for our guests.   I'm going to have to do some investigating into some of these forms.  I don't want any fraudulent activity to reduce the chances for some aspiring new attendee from coming.  And if I find the culprit behind all these mischievious creations, I might have to toss the culprit's form into the recycle bin as well.  We'll have to see how generous I'm feeling. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
aboyandhisdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aboyandhisdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2019 at 2:43pm
If you find the culprit, maybe he/SHE should just be sentenced to chores all week...like maybe being in charge of the coffee or something punitive like that.  Clearly a trouble-maker!
Tom
1949 CJ3A

Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2019 at 3:19pm
 Tom, no helping!  Guilty until proven innocent around here.  Sheesh!  

Mike, I'm sure you've stumbled over, shook your head at and walked away from Ernestine and Glynda.  Kind souls that just want to get out of their rut every once in a while.  Calamity shows up when things get too quiet, and what a blessing she is on the trail.  Always providing us with the opportunity to dust off some tools.  What jeep did they have listed?  Was it that rascally Waltzing Matilda?  There's the culprit!  Matilda will do anything to ride the trails with you and the FCT gang. Really, have a heart.

Just a friendly heads up -- Matilda will not be denied.  She's been listening to REO Speedwagon, Take It On the Run, and other subversive type songs.  No longer just a Tennessee Waltz girl.  
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
47 deuce alpha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47 deuce alpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2019 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Katiedid Katiedid wrote:

Mike, I'm sure you've stumbled over, shook your head at and walked away from Ernestine and Glynda.  Kind souls that just want to get out of their rut every once in a while.  Calamity shows up when things get too quiet, and what a blessing she is on the trail.  Always providing us with the opportunity to dust off some tools.  What jeep did they have listed?  Was it that rascally Waltzing Matilda?  There's the culprit!  Matilda will do anything to ride the trails with you and the FCT gang. Really, have a heart.

Just a friendly heads up -- Matilda will not be denied.  She's been listening to REO Speedwagon, Take It On the Run, and other subversive type songs.  No longer just a Tennessee Waltz girl.  

Hmmm, Sure signs of a multiple personality!!!
1947 CJ2A 90419
1947 CJ2A 127735
1949 Ford 8N
1955 Kaiser Willys Pickup
Half the distance takes you twice as long.
Willys Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willys Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2019 at 5:05pm
Hey, if you find them and they show up. They can always clean the Porta-Pots, latrine duty!
JC
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2019 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Katiedid Katiedid wrote:

You crack me up Miss Kate..LOL
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar. 2019 at 3:09am
Mike, maybe you should require a hand-written essay on how great the FCT is.  Then you could throw out any with matching handwriting or matching stories.  Easy!  Smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar. 2019 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Mike, maybe you should require a hand-written essay on how great the FCT is.  Then you could throw out any with matching handwriting or matching stories.  Easy!  Smile

A hand written essay???  Are you an old school English Teacher??  I'm not.  No, those girls are too clever to fall into that trap.  I'll investigate to see which Jeep they're bringing, then I'll find some way to disqualify that Jeep.  Something like misbehavior while driving down county roads.  Or failing to reliably carry the driver to their destination.  Or for trying to out-yellow the aspen leaves. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
mriceflinter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar. 2019 at 5:00pm
Would trying to out-yellow the aspen leaves be against the laws of nature. Remember "Its not nice to fool mother nature". Take care Mike, and good luck on the investigation.  Mike
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar. 2019 at 6:49pm
"disqualify that jeep" -- unheard of!! If you're counting to 50 by jeeps, and it doesn't matter who is driving, then where's the beef? or the chicken for that matter. Denying Matilda FCT trail privileges because of great enthusiasm defies logic, but only to females. And it hurts my feelings -- both of them. Besides, who'd make the coffee?
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 28>