Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cj2a brake light pressure switch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobodyjeff5888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cj2a brake light pressure switch
    Posted: 18 June 2018 at 1:18am
What are the correct connectors to use with the stock brake  switch?
A picture would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance for any and all help
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 4:01am
They are female bullet type without an insulator.
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 4:10am
I just replaced mine with this one from walcks last week. 

Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 4:17am
That's a later style switch. Original 2A switch will be opposite.
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 4:36am
Yeah I saw there were two different ones. I didnt know if mine was period correct. I just replaced it with the same one. My jeep is a mix of 3a/2a parts. 
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 11:53am
     This is a pic of Early style Cj2a, with what I would call male connectors. I'm guessing the change came with the MC change for the newer style frame( a lot of people call this a 3a frame), that started in late 48 but still a CJ2a. I have the same style as the one from Walcks, and consider it to be original Cj2a. Joe W
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2018 at 3:46am
My brake light switch has two screws holding the wires on.  I'm keeping it (as long as it doesn't leak)!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
 Post Reply Post Reply