Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CJ2Apage is global

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CJ2Apage is global
    Posted: 06 Jan. 2018 at 4:57am
ndnchf started this thread about some Jeep parts he found

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/m38a1-transmission-transfer-case_topic41340.html?KW=

He was most interested in the T-90 transmission and D18 transfer case.   I was somewhat interested in a frame to build a mock setup with 225 V6, SM420, Dana300, Dana44 centered diff . . and inquired if he would be interested in selling the frame.

Long story short . . I bought everything but the T90 and D18

Shortly after, I got a PM from Frans in South Africa wanting to know if I had plans for the Buick-to-T90 adapter bellhousing. He has been trying to acquire this part for many years.

Arranging shipping to there is a little cumbersome, but today the bellhousing is on its way around the world. It is so cool that ndnchf and I could be a part of helping Frans move his project forward.

Edited by JeepFever - 06 Jan. 2018 at 5:15am
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2018 at 9:14am
That is cool! To think the guy I got it from was ready to haul it to the scrapyard. Instead, it has helped out three people now. Nice Smile
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
wheelie View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2018 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by ndnchf ndnchf wrote:

That is cool! To think the guy I got it from was ready to haul it to the scrapyard. Instead, it has helped out three people now. Nice Smile

That's what this is all about, IMO. It's been that way for me since 1989 and somehow seems more prevalent in the JEEP world..........the OLD JEEP world........than in any other automotive group. Maybe that's why I've stuck with it for long hoping to one day add a 2A to my pair of 5s. 

Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 12:56am
Originally posted by wheelie wheelie wrote:

Originally posted by ndnchf ndnchf wrote:

That's what this is all about, IMO. It's been that way for me since 1989 and somehow seems more prevalent in the JEEP world..........the OLD JEEP world........than in any other automotive group. Maybe that's why I've stuck with it for long hoping to one day add a 2A to my pair of 5s. 

How true. Since I've been involved with the CJ2A Page I've tried on several occasions to find something similar pertaining to '64-67 Chevelles, '67-72 Chevy pickups, Chevy Citations, Vegas, Flathead Mercurys and Flathead Ford products in general, and N-series Ford tractors, and I'm telling you now, there is nothing out there like the CJ2A Page! Thumbs UpClap    BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
JeepSaffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepSaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2018 at 3:08pm
I have received immeasurable help from members on this forum, ranging from advice, to shipping and sending me parts at no charge! I have on other occasions been advised that items are already in the mail before I get advised on the cost - ie there is a HUGE element of trust that accompanies such transactions. Likewise, I have transferred sums of money as payment on the promise that an item has been shipped, when I know that I will only see it in 6 weeks time! The trust works both ways.

I am yet to have a deal go bad.

Thank you to all who I have dealt with. You know who you are.

Mike (also in South Africa)
1948 CJ2A #204853 in South Africa
 Post Reply Post Reply