Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CJ3B forum is moving - save your stuff

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CJ3B forum is moving - save your stuff
    Posted: 20 Mar. 2019 at 2:41pm
   Hi guys,

I am not so sure I have this correct, but I was snooping in on the CJ3B forum page, and it appears the Forum will be moving to a new provider in 7-days.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/cj3b_bulletin_board/we-re-moving-please-save-your-rebuild-threads-t6342.html

And the moderator is considering a similar platform or provider as the CJ2A forums.

Item #2 in the above thread:

by Rus Curtis -   he quoted something like "I don't have to worry about saving and thread TEXT because most of his Data Input he puts into a Microsoft WORD document !    _ _ _ Hmm.   Ok !

As the old Ranger said to Yogi - you must be smarter than the average Bear !

There may be a bunch of valuable information that is going to be lost in some of the helpful threads, and unless each member opens and saves text from their "build-threads" or "techical-threads" it is soon to be Lost.   yikes.

So, back to the Word document that Rus mentioned.   
We must discipline ourselves to use Word. It has very cool features where you can throw in text into the photo and add Leaders from the text-entered to the item of concern.

I learned the benefit from a Subaru WRX interest forum, (forums.Nasioc.com).
https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2751414
I'm still driving my WRX after near 13-years now. I was digging for Gold (info on how to replace my timing belt, and the engine has dual overhead cams. yep (4 cams total).
After what seemed like an eternity, i stumbled across a Belt-Replacement thread a member posted. ON A 'WORD' Doc. With Photos attached into the word .doc file.   

I don't use microsoft Word very much at home, but i used it for reports at work.   The document that the guy prepared with photos was Top Notch, and all info of his Technical-Thread was inside the document.
    Now, i found that to print the document to paper, and have the photos Fit within the printed sheet size (8-1/2x 11") i had to click on each photo in the document file individually and crop or reduce the size or horiz / vert size.
Anyway, after i got the images sized properly to fit within the printed sheet size settings, i was able to install a new Subaru timing belt at 100k miles.
a hint: save your photos to a small size with your I-phone by editing and resizing. ( bear with me I am not very adept at this, but my 30-year-old's are certainly ).

Rus won't have to open his threads to save much, because all of his technical build stuff is within Microsoft WORD document files. Photos and all.

I guess i should think about what Rus suggested. oh well.

And it is difficult to change methods and habits, but i swear i am stuck in the decade of the '70's.
And it sure is nice to have an old Willys !

I sure enjoy the comradery here in the 2A forums. I am not a member of the CJ3B forums, but I wish them the best of luck with their move.

Len
 Post Reply Post Reply