Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Testing and Support for the forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Clickable' posts....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Clickable' posts....
    Posted: 07 May 2007 at 3:30pm

They are very easily none......no real effort at all.

If sharing an address to a website, first type it in or 'cut and paste' the address to your post. After typing, simply press the space bar and it should highlight and underscore the address you just typed....making it 'clickable'.

www.thecj2apage.com

EDIT:
   I've tried every way to make one 'not' clickable and I don't understand how people are typing them in and not be clickable.......if I hit the space bar, Enter key. or left click the mouse, they ALL make it clickable....so not all machines may be set up the same I don't know.......just wanted to tell you what works for me and you can try it on yours.....but it really helps the post if it's clickable....especially eBay items.

Edited by rocnroll - 07 May 2007 at 3:37pm
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Jus*Jack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jus*Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 4:30pm
Thanks Roc...I saw that you had re-done my last post...and I've read what you have said before about hitting the space bar, etc., but it just didn't seem to do anything for me.

In fact, if you'll notice, in my post, I not only separated the URL with blank lines, but also added a "<" and ">", with separator spaces, in an attempt to make it clickable. I've been doing this stuff for a looonnng time (not long enough, obvously!), and I've never had a problem with this kind of thing on the other sites/listservers that I visit, so it must be somehow unique to the program used to run this particular forum. It's somehow counter-intuitive, I suppose!

As an aside, I just have to take one small swipe at my personal "windmill"...the programmers of today who grew up on the c**p that Microsoft pumps outta Redmond, and it's NOT always in agreement with the "standards for web design". I suspect that this forum's s/w may, in fact, be just one more example of that!

At any rate, I will continue to TRY to find the way, each time I post a URL, and maybe eventually...

Thanks again for your help, and please be patient with me! I STILL ain't done!

Edited by Jus'Jack - 07 May 2007 at 4:31pm
Seeya!

<Jack>

'48 CJ2A 197207 "Junebug"

'48 CJ2A 191237 "Turquoise"
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 6:25pm
Hey Jack the only reason I posted any kind of tutorial at all was because I've had two people ask me about it this week so just thought I'd give what 'little' knowledge I had computer-wise.....notta biggie to me, I just thought some might want to know how.

Then I had the thought about what  you are actually confirming for me....that it's not as easy for some as just hitting the space bar.....thanks for confirming that for me... and yes you ARE right about this forum having some strange 'goings ons' but I'm too ignorant about computers to say much about it.....I just know some things aren't 'just right'.

Thanks for the input!

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 11:06pm
I'll  vouch for the fact that it works for me!!

www.rockymountains.net/~m38mike/ 

welllll  maybe..... NERTS!!!

Edited by m38mike - 07 May 2007 at 11:09pm
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
 Post Reply Post Reply