Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colorado Fall Color Tours 2016! - Event Date: 18 Sep. 2016 - 24 Sep. 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34353637>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov. 2016 at 2:31pm
I thought I would share a couple photos of the camping at Thirsty Dirt Ranch.  And a photo of the new parts sheds I just added.  This first photo is the "camper-town" part of the ranch.  Mount Antero is the peak that's above my neighbor's house on the right side of the photo.  The road that some of you took up the mountain is on the other side of the mountain.

This next photo shows the tent city and part of "the hood".

We had people camped all over the place by the time the week was done.  Good thing we have lots of room. 

Here are the two new storage sheds that I'm moving my jeep parts into.  I have too many parts piled up on the floor inside my shop, and it makes it hard to get around, and to find the part I need.  One of these sheds will have shelves in it so I can organize my small parts.  The other one will be open so I can store complete jeeps or partial jeeps inside. 

What a PITA it was setting the foundation blocks for each building so they would end up being level with each other.  28 blocks for each building.   By next summer I hope to have a roof over the breezeway between the buildings.  That will give me more covered storage space. 

M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov. 2016 at 2:48pm
Nice looking sheds. Much nicer than faded, lettered red or green containers. Now for the bad comment, you will have more room. You will have a sense of ability to buy more Jeeps. John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov. 2016 at 3:09pm
.Thumbs Up
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov. 2016 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Oilleaker1 Oilleaker1 wrote:

... you will have more room. You will have a sense of ability to buy more Jeeps. John

lol... Ecosystem carrying capacity 101 LOL
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
ricco View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov. 2016 at 5:09pm
Looks nice Mike....I hope you have those sheds tied down...Wink...(remember?)
She can dance a cajun rhythm....jump like a Willy's in four wheel drive...("Sugar Magnolia")

'48 CJ2A #204845 "Lumpy"
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov. 2016 at 5:26pm
 Looking good Mike! I was wondering how your shed project was coming. When you get ready to move things, you could probably get some help by offering a little food and beer! BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov. 2016 at 6:21pm
Food and Beer, the ultimate recruiting toolThumbs Up
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Red Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov. 2016 at 8:09pm
Looks awesome Mike. I'm guessing you will have all three buildings filled up LOL
Glen
49 CJ3A
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov. 2016 at 1:34am
Looks good Mike.  But remember that  "Stuff / Jeep parts/ will occupy the space provided for it."
Surely there are more Jeeps and Jeep parts in your future.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Edited by 64CJ5 - 17 Nov. 2016 at 4:24am
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
Rick Cline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov. 2016 at 11:43pm
Mike nice addition too the ranch. Nice photo of the Hood. I miss the boys from the Hood what a great time we had. 
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

- General George Patton Jr
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov. 2016 at 12:08am
Ricky, We have miles to Jeep before we sleep!   What a great bunch of folks to spend time, parts, stories, and tech tips with. None better. Wink Oilly
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov. 2016 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Rick Cline Rick Cline wrote:

Mike nice addition too the ranch. Nice photo of the Hood. I miss the boys from the Hood what a great time we had. 

One evening (I think it was Joe from Iowa) let an off-color remark slip (gasp) in the presence of the fairer sex. Red faced with embarrassment he blamed it on the education he received whilst strolling thru the Hood.

Sure miss you Gents!!
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov. 2016 at 1:08am
Man I sure had a great time there!  Thanks again Mike!
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov. 2016 at 6:00pm
Ricco, I remember what happened to my last shed - 120 mph wind destroyed it.  That's why I decided to go with stronger buildings this time.  Each one has 8 concrete anchors set underground with cable ties around the subfloor.  And with a ton or two of jeep parts in each one, that should hold them down. 

Bruce, I'm still working on the shelves but I think in early December I may start moving parts.  You're welcome to come help.  And then I'll get Delmar over with his tractor and we could lift the lift into place.  I am really looking forward to getting some shop space back so I get some other project work done.   Too many projects, not enough time.  Dang!  This retired living is gonna kill me!

For the "hood boys", I heard some crazy stories about what went on in the "hood".  I hope they all stay there, until next year! 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov. 2016 at 1:07pm

49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov. 2016 at 1:08pm
Really nice Mike! At first glance I thought that you were setting up a mini hotel for the FCT gang! LOL

Looks great and really looks like they are well built.

Hope you get them filled up before it snows.

Y'all have a great Thanksgiving..............
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
Tiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov. 2016 at 12:52am
Can I changel my order to 3 calanders please. Let me know I this is a problem.
Thanks Tiny
48CJ2A
Tiny
Tiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov. 2016 at 9:05pm
Howdy,  I asked for 1 but now need 3 if that is possible. Let me know how much please.
Thanks Tiny
48CJ2A
Tiny
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34353637>