Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colorado Fall Color Tours 2017!! - Event Date: 17 Sep. 2017 - 23 Sep. 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 40>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2017 at 6:07am
Brad, I thoroughly enjoyed Jeeping and conversing with you over dinner. I'd be honored to jeep with you anytime. Looking forward to seeing you on the trails again.

Rick

P.S. Is your jeep going to be known as Larry? Moe? Curly? Or possibly....Shemp?!?!?
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
bigdaddy13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigdaddy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2017 at 5:27pm
Question: how far is the hot springs resort/hotel from the staging area/jump off point for this trip?

Might look into bringing my 1947 2a, my wife and my girls to a 2018 event if this tradition continues.
mriceflinter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2017 at 10:09pm
We stayed there last year and it was only about ten minutes away. Not far!  Mike
Willys Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willys Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2017 at 1:26am
Never been, but we are looking forward to going.
Question: Just show up or is there a registration process?

My email is jnich30440@aol.com

Willys Guy
JC
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2017 at 3:28am
Mike - If you happen to be in BV during business hours, there is a Lemonade stand across the street from the Asian Palate. It is run by Chris Thomas and his wife. Chris restored an early CJ5 when he was here in Ohio. Stop by and say hi. He's interested in learning about the Color Tour and may want to ride along with someone for a day.
BradR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2017 at 4:21am
Thanks Rick, I came back from that trip a more relaxed and better person.  No name reveals until I get the jeep... The name might depend on the color.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2017 at 3:25am
Originally posted by Willys Guy Willys Guy wrote:

Question: Just show up or is there a registration process?

I just showed up in 2014 and didn't get chased away.  Probably safe for you to do the same. LOL
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2017 at 3:05pm
Now that I'm back from the Colorado Wildfire Academy I'll try to catch up on the questions.  BTW that was a great week training a crew from Job Corps how to set up a spike camp to support about a hundred fire fighters in a mountain meadow.  It was great being some place with no cell signal. 

Anyway, there is no registration fee for FCT.  In fact there is no registration.  It's totally free.  Well, not quite.  You still have to pay for fuel, food, drink, lodging, repair parts, and bets lost.  Lodging is free if you stay at the Thirsty Dirt Ranch.  Well, not quite.  You have to buy a tent or a camper.  You could just roll up in blankets on the ground, but it wouldn't be too comfortable.  We have cactus here.

We live about 5 miles from Mt. Princeton Hot Springs and Resort.  A beautiful and slightly pricey place to stay.  But soaking in the hot springs sure feels good.    Even if you don't stay there, you can go soak in the pools, or in one of the natural pools in Chalk Creek, for just a few bucks. We have a local's pass so we get in pretty cheap.  We go there all winter long.

We'll go check out Chris's lemonade stand and talk with him about the Fall Color Tour.  I like to get local folks involved in our event.   And if it's an early CJ-5 we might let him ride along. 

Brad, good luck with the new job, and be sure to get back here any time you can.  I'm sad I didn't get to know you better, but we've got years into the future to fix that. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2017 at 3:01am
I'm looking for some feedback from all of you.  Who would be interested in taking a two day high adventure tour in Taylor Park?  Ron and I were talking and he has a good ride planned that will take two days to complete.  That means overnight camping after day one.  And everyone will need to haul 5 gallons of gas with them.  Whether or not we make the trip will depend on how many people tell us they plan to go.  The plan is to leave Tuesday morning and return Wednesday evening.  If we only get a few folks interested, we probably will not do this trip.  So let me know what you think.  Thanks.
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2017 at 3:03am
I'll go anywhere Ron goes. Count me in.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
V8 Willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V8 Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2017 at 3:09am
Interested, need dates as summer is real short!
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2017 at 3:23am
Well I can't go this year dangit but just wondering if, say, a 1/4 ton-sized trailer might make the tour, for future planning?
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2017 at 3:59am
Where all in Taylor Park are y'all thinking? I'm definitely interested.
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2017 at 1:55pm
Ron is thinking of taking the group up American Flag Mountain, and another trip up to Taylor Lake, not Taylor Reservoir.  Depending on conditions and time, he may try to go over the pass to Aspen.  Very rugged pass.  I did it in the Blue Mule back in college.  His plan is to take Tuesday and Wednesday of our Fall Color Tour week to do this.  That means it'll be very chilly up in the mountains camping overnight. 

If there isn't much interest in doing an overnight trip, he may try just part of the journey as a LOOONG day trip.  The only two passes that will be open between the Arkansas River valley where I live, and Taylor Park, will be Hancock pass and Tincup pass.  Cottonwood pass is closed for this year and next year while they fix and pave the road on the Taylor Park side.  So any trip into Taylor Park will have to be over one of those two passes. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2017 at 4:39pm
Sounds like a fun overnight adventure. Count me in and hopefully there is enough interest to make it happen.
Johnnygeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnnygeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 7:00pm
I'm up for an overnighter.  Just did a two nighter on White Rim.  Not cold but windy, got dust all over poor Jeep Sara!  Would like to stay at Thirsty Dirt, too, if there is room.
Dmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2017 at 10:18pm
Wallie, Audrey, Alice, Kayley and myself have a site at Chalk creek for the week. Thought we would stay there and not tax the limits of the TDR as well as let some of the first timers have a crack at the spaces at the ranch. We will be bringing Alice`s (unnamed) purple jeep (plans as of right now anyway).
As far as a overnight run, sounds fun we would be in. Looking forward to wheeling with some old friends and meeting some new one`s. See you all soon.
Dennis 
43 Ford GPW "AWOL"
48-52 CJ Series Bubba Jeep
JeepRobbins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepRobbins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 3:59am
Mike,  Your Arkansas Crew is planning on making it back to take a few trails not taken last year.  When do you expect to post the schedule of trail rides for the week? Thanks, Jim
JeepRobbins
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 40>