Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colorado Fall Color Tours 2017!! - Event Date: 17 Sep. 2017 - 23 Sep. 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 40>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2017 at 2:10pm
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2017 at 2:41pm
As much as it pains me to not be at a point where I can partake, I much appreciate ya'll taking the time to bring the rest of us along... the pics and stories are simply awesome.

I'm obviously not living life right.... yet. Wink
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2017 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by dluber dluber wrote:

That one would look good in black and white.....great shots.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
oldtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2017 at 4:11pm
Quote  Ok Dave, it is my new favorite shot 

Katie that's nice indeed ..... I still vote for the pic on your avatar because it's such a unique JEEP CAMO THANG !

Edited by oldtime - 21 Sep. 2017 at 4:13pm
Currently building my final F-134 powered 3B .
T98-A Rock Crawler using exclusive factory parts and Approved Special Equipment from the Willys Motors era (1953-1963)
Zero aftermarket parts

Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2017 at 2:19am
Thanks guys for the pictures of jeeps in action and the amazing  views.I should put that trip on my bucket list .Thanks  again for sharing .
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2017 at 2:35am
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2017 at 2:36am
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2017 at 2:37am
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2017 at 4:56am
Today, the Qwaaazy 8's wheeled for 12 hours straight!

Tincup Pass to Napoleon Pass, to Cumberland Pass road, to Alpine Tunnel Road, and finally Hancock Pass. 

...... more

Edited by jpet - 27 Sep. 2017 at 9:26pm
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2017 at 5:19am

.... more
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2017 at 5:34am

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2017 at 5:35am
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2017 at 1:08pm
Two great rides yesterday.  Ron took his group over Tincup, Napoleon, and Hancock passes, with some sight seeing sides to mines along the way.  Unfortunately one jeep had some carb problems which they couldn't fix on the trail.  It ended up getting towed back to Thirsty Dirt Ranch for some carb surgery this morning. 

My ride up to Buffalo Peaks was very good, and on smooth trails until we hit the rocks on the last 2 miles of trail to the edge of the wilderness area.  Our only hickup was one jeep that developed vapor lock going up the mountain.  But once up on top and coming down it did fine.  We saw lots of beautiful colors in the aspens.  Our lunch spot was shaded with lots of yellows and golds and orange. 

Then last night we had our annual pot luck feast, and boy-o-boy, what a feast it was!  We packed about 60 people into our game room downstairs.  Everyone was eating and yakking and enjoying the company.  After everyone was done I was supposed to hold the raffle to see who won the prizes.  But wait, the high adventure crew was not back yet.  It was dark outside at 7:40 when we finally heard they were on their way in.  When they got close we all went outside to line the driveway and give them a hero's welcome back to the ranch.  To the hoots and whistles and cheers of their fellow jeepers, the high adventure gang drove up the driveway to the shop, amazed and surprised at the reception they received.  I think it made everyone feel good to see their friends return safely to the ranch. 

Anyway, we postponed the raffle until the driver's meeting this morning.  Folks have been contributing all kinds of things to the prize list.  We'll have lots of winners this morning. 

We also got some new faces yesterday.  Local Colorado folks like Lew and Frankie Ladwig and Darren Wanberg are here now.   We're up to 44 Jeeps for the week, and 13 states represented. 

Today we're going to do the Aspen Ridge ride.  Bruce will bring half the group up from the south.  I will bring the other half from the north.  Our plan is to meet somewhere in the middle for lunch to get everyone together.  Then my group will continue south and Bruce will continue north.  This is our signature ride for the week.  I expect to have the most jeeps on the trail for any day of the week. 

Time for a third cup of coffee and some socializing as the morning coffee group collects in our game room.  Stay tuned.  We have more fun to come.
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2017 at 1:19pm
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2017 at 1:20pm
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2017 at 1:21pm
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2017 at 1:23pm
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2017 at 1:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 40>