Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colorado Fall Color Tours 2017!! - Event Date: 17 Sep. 2017 - 23 Sep. 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 40>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 2:06am
Yay!  Now, settle down Colonel, and get your work done.  Nancy deserves a nice ride .... especially considering who she has to put up with!
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 3:22am
Glad you got it working. Now where are the 3 legged safety stands...
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 10:08am
Awesome! Great relief even way out here!
Rick Estes
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 11:57am
I'm glad it wasn't a bad pump. Nancy, he needs a oil drain pan as a gift now! The kind that extends up under the Jeep and has rollers on the bottom. Wink Hint hint. John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
mriceflinter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 1:20am
Mike, I just got back from a trip to Ireland and loved it!  I'm Glad to hear you got the lift fixed. We may not have had the right answers but we tried to help. By the way, about your barn find. If you call it barnie, you will have to go to the hardware store and get a bunch of purple spray paint for it. What do you think. would that be wierd enough?
aboyandhisdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aboyandhisdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 6:48pm
Mike, you probably know this, but just found in my inbox that Cottonwood Pass will be closed all summer.  Might impact your route planning.    http://cotrip.org/home.htm
Tom
1949 CJ3A

m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 9:03pm
mriceflinter, NO PURPLE!!  NONE!! 

Tom, Yup, we've been hearing about this for almost a year.  It'll be closed into sometime in September, they haven't set a date yet.  We may get to use it if they reopen soon enough.  But I'm not planning on it.  It'll be closed for two summers.  This year and next.  They are paving the Gunnison side from the pass to the lake.  And they are doing some fixes on our side of the pass since the road is closed.  But if you put tracks on your Jeep you'll be able to go up and over the pass with the snowmobiles in the winter!!
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
jeephawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeephawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 11:22pm
I just got August JP magazine with another neat article with great pictures . Already looking forward to September and the trails Mike picks out.
54cj3b
55 pu
56cj5
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 4:50am
Originally posted by jeephawk jeephawk wrote:

I just got August JP magazine with another neat article with great pictures.

I hope to get that issue tomorrow.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 8:29pm

Starting on page 70.

CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
aboyandhisdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aboyandhisdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 8:44pm
I don't know Jeff - as The Eagles would say...call a place paradise and kiss it goodby!
Tom
1949 CJ3A

m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by aboyandhisdog aboyandhisdog wrote:

I don't know Jeff - as The Eagles would say...call a place paradise and kiss it goodby!

C'mon Tom, don't be so down.  We're still having fun on FCT!  The mountains are just as tall.  The colors just as good.  We still have lots of roads and trails open to explore.  We just have a few more flatties and drivers to share it with.  Some day we may hit a limit on how many we can handle.  But not yet.  And as long as we continue to "Stay on the Trail", we'll have these places to enjoy for the rest of our lives. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 2:07am
Mike's going to hire me to drive a tour carryall when he opens his place up for the summer!
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 11:17am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Mike's going to hire me to drive a tour carryall when he opens his place up for the summer!

Right after they pave the summit road up Mount Antero!  
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 12:02pm
Pavement?..... where we're going we don't need ..... pavement.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 5:59pm
Tour carryall???  No way!  We're gonna have a fleet of old jeeps and you're gonna be my lead driver instructor.   You're gonna show them how to drive an old Willys.  You're gonna take them to places that makes them pee their pants, (note to self; get vinyl seat covers) and get their hearts pounding with excitement (also; get oxygen bottles).  And then you're gonna lead them safely back to the Thirsty Dirt Ranch. 

We'll do these tours in the weeks between going to Utah, Black Hills, Northern Colorado, Southwest Colorado, Wyoming, and New Mexico.  What??  Wait?!  You haven't heard about Wyoming?  I guess we need to get the Wyoming Boys to speak up a little bit.  They're a shy bunch, and not much into promoting their secret good times in good places.  And what about New Mexico?  Well at this point I hear it's just a rumor, but one based on somebody doing some research into backcountry roads and trails. 

So no sir!  No carryall's allowed around here.  Just Ol' Willys Jeeps and the folks who love to drive them!   Alright jpet, when can you start?   We're burning daylight here.........

And Oily, we'll have no more talk about paving paradise.  We just need to get the escape routes fixed up to get rid of the touristas once they run out of money. 

Edited by m38mike - 28 May 2017 at 6:01pm
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 6:17pm
.....don't forget the Rubicon.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 1:12pm
Mike, you started all this back county sharing with your friends. That's what it's all about. It's like a reunion that moves around.  Jpet is not only The Roving Reporter for the CJ2A Page, he is a ambasador of old Willys. World wide now. We have not cracked open the Bighorns yet, but there is more for us. The tall Rockies have a time frame of entry, governed by snow pack. The future of Jeeping looks good. We have lots of planning to get done. see you all soon, Oilly
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 40>