Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colorado Fall Color Tours 2017!! - Event Date: 17 Sep. 2017 - 23 Sep. 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 40>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 10:36pm
I have this event on my calendar and I hope to able to attend the entire week.  This will be my first Fall Color Tour and I'm looking forward to the event.  I have some work to do to get my '46 column shift ready. 
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 12:50am
dluber, welcome to FCT!  I'm glad to see another Colorado Jeeper join our event.  I hope you will be here for the week.  I've been talking with our guides and we have a few new tours we're offering this year.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 3:51am
Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

We'll do these tours in the weeks between going to Utah, Black Hills, Northern Colorado, Southwest Colorado, Wyoming, and New Mexico....  And what about New Mexico?  Well at this point I hear it's just a rumor, but one based on somebody doing some research into backcountry roads and trails. 

Do tell, Mike. Whereabouts in New Mexico? Who's researching? This is right next door to me. I might be able to assist if need be. Might have even been on the trails. Also, just in the conception stage, but I'd like to do something here in Texas as well, if there's any interest.
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
V8 Willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V8 Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 6:03am
Mike, we don't have to many good trails here, most of the trails are in the western part of the state. There is one you might like that is located north of Cody known as Morrison Trial, it reminds me of Black Bear in your state with all the switchbacks with a nice lake at the top. It is on the internet. There are two out of Lander, Christina and Shoshone Lake trails, Christina is not to difficult, Shoshone is a little harder. Looking forward to seeing you and Nancy in three weeks.
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 1:13pm
Rick G, I hear that folks are poking around on the Carson National Forest in north central NM looking for some trails and roads that would be interesting to ride, lakes to fish, scenery to see, dust to raise, and shade to nap in.  That's a little ways from your corner of TX. 

V8 Willys, thanks for speaking up for WY folks.  I'm anxious to see what comes of the effort to put together a big wonderful Wyoming adventure. 

On another note:
I HATE MY NEW LIFT!!!  Angry

If it hadn't been for my lift, I would have remained blissfully ignorant of the universal joint that had lost ALL of it's needle bearings. Ouch  And having discovered that, I would not have learned just how worn out and broken my sad parking brake is, because I would not have taken the rear prop shaft off to replace the bearing-less U-joint. Shocked  And I would not have bumped my head on so many dirty, greasy, rusty, sharp, and hard jeep parts. Angry  Cry   

Although, it did make it wonderfully easy to replace the leaky master cylinder, and to bleed my brakes. Approve  And it did improve my access to all those hard to reach grease zerks that sometimes get overlooked when greasing the Jeep.  Smile  And it did make it easier to repair some wiring that was damaged some time in the past. Tongue   And it did inspire me to figure out how to make a water trap out of a sheet of plastic so I could pressure wash the dark and dirty underside of the Blue Mule.  Big smile   And thinking about it, the lift is making it easier for me to find those failed, and failing parts that need to be replaced so the Blue Mule continues to be a reliable rig in the back country. Thumbs Up   So I guess all the head-bumping, knuckle-cutting, dirt-chunk-dodging discoveries that I made while under the Blue Mule were worth it. Beer

I LOVE MY NEW LIFT!!!!
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 1:57pm
He's bipolar
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 4:43pm
Rick,  Years ago we would head out from Oklahoma to Red River, NM for some fishing.  The fishing was the excuse to take the Jeep to the mountains.  The places we headed for were  Goose Lake and Middle Fork Lake.  Would make a big circle up to Midnight Ghost Town and back down to Red River. Lots of side roads and logging roads to drive.  Ten years ago when we were there the feds had been locking gates on the roads we had driven in the 60's and 70's.  Things change but not always for the better. 
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 6:02pm
Tom,
Been to all those beautiful places. They are my stomping grounds, and the portion of Carson NF that I'm most familiar. Our cabin is not too far from there; just south of Angel Fire. Most all those trails are still open, except Middle Fork Lake. There are rumors of it opening back up, but I'm doubtful. Lots of miles of Jeeping around there, mostly easy stuff, but pretty, nonetheless.

Rick

1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 1:12am
Rick,  My in laws had a cabin on the creek at Ute Park.  Ruthie spent summers there through high school. 
She and her brother sold it several years ago.   But lots of good memories.  Tom

64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 3:18am
Congrats on getting your lift going, Mike!  I'm jealous!
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 4:55am
Don't be jealous, be envious.  It's a little less irrational.  Wink
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 12:39pm
Acckk... I think I'm too far gone to be rational anymore.
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
BradR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2017 at 3:37am
Hey everybody.  I've been stalking this forum since the 2016 Fall color tour.  I really hope I can make it out again this year.  I rode with Jeff and Paul.  I definitely have the jeep bug, and hopefully in the next few years I'll be hauling my own flat fender to Colorado.  I already have ideas for a name...
Brad
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2017 at 1:00pm
I was honored to have you ride with me too, Brad!
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2017 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by tamnalan tamnalan wrote:

I was honored to have you ride with me too, Brad!

2X, you rode shotgun with me as well..Thumbs Up 
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
BradR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2017 at 12:54am
If I don't make it this year, I will definitely be there next year!  I started a new job and I don't have enough vacation time built up.
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2017 at 2:04am
Originally posted by leftside leftside wrote:

If I don't make it this year, I will definitely be there next year!  I started a new job and I don't have enough vacation time built up.

Brad I am on the side of those young folks who will work for a living 'stead of living on the Gov'mt teat.
Good folks work their way thru and I'm sure we'll be seeing you again. You say you got a mebbe name for the jeep you will have someday?? 

I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2017 at 3:41am
That is a good write-up in JP.....just picked one up at Wallyworld.   

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 40>