Forum Home Forum Home > The CJ2A Parts Project > Parts List > Electrical Group
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Corcoran Brown Headlight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trader_reed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Corcoran Brown Headlight
    Posted: 20 Dec. 2006 at 9:39am
Photo of a original Corcoran Brown sealed beam headlight

Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec. 2006 at 4:28pm
the one i had on my 46 didn't look as good as yours does. i sold mine to someone here but i can't remember who?  here it is,

Edited by Mike Gardner - 21 Dec. 2006 at 4:32pm
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
trader_reed View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trader_reed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec. 2006 at 6:00pm

Mine were NOS till I installed them. I couldn't imagine a to many of this head light bulbs lasting 50+ years.

sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec. 2006 at 8:30pm
Matt:

Did your's have any date code?  The lens markings are different than others I've seen.  Mine are like Mikes above:

Both used, but still burned bright.  One had a rusty reflector, so it's been disassembled for resto.

Sean

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trader_reed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec. 2006 at 8:42pm

Yes they are date coded just like those, I know they're 1945 but again will have to dig them out and check the actually day and month when I return home. One of mine has burned out and the reflectors are tarnished so I will be separating the back from the glass, How hard is it? I'm very nervous about even attempting this.

sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec. 2006 at 9:15pm
Quote I will be separating the back from the glass, How hard is it? I'm very nervous about even attempting this.
Well, the only one I've taken apart had a badly corroded retainer band, and it literally fell apart in my hand while I was trying to cut it off, so I can't say for sure.

They guys on the G who've been doing it don't seem to be having any problems, so I expect it's just a matter of being careful and taking it slow.  I will be doing the other one eventually, but not very soon.

Have a good one in Eire!  Are you going to kiss the Blarney stone, or already done that before?

Sean
Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec. 2006 at 9:20pm
fbill got mine. i knew it would pop in there when i was thinking about something off subjectWacko
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trader_reed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec. 2006 at 3:44am
Originally posted by sean sean wrote:

[QUOTE]
Have a good one in Eire!  Are you going to kiss the Blarney stone, or already done that before?
Sean

No kissing the Blarney stone for me, The story is that the local lads piss on it.
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec. 2006 at 10:33am
Sure did Mike.. Anything in particular on your wanted list ?( Except the elusive in dash coil, of course..) ...I just got home a few days ago and found your package.. (We weren't supposed to be home until next spring but things changed...;-(  )

If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trader_reed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2007 at 4:43pm
The  date code is JUN 20 1945 w/ a large 2B.

The 45 part of the date code has started to rub off and is not legible anymore but I'm 100% sure it was 1945
CHARLIE JEEP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHARLIE JEEP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2012 at 11:42pm
Hi,
I found a pair of CORCORAN BROWN FOG LAMPS for my CJ-2A 1947.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Cheers,
Charlie
CJ-2A #114467 1947        Slat Grill #124991 1942        SPEN trailer 1948              
Hamhog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamhog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2013 at 5:19am

Edited by Hamhog - 27 Nov. 2015 at 1:41am
Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply