Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Air Cleaner Element?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Air Cleaner Element?
    Posted: 01 Dec. 2018 at 3:42pm
My new Jeep was sucking oil into the carb and I believe the problem was a missing air cleaner element. I think this is the right one but I want to be certain. The housing is a little egg shaped and I’m not sure I’ll be able to get it out once it’s all the way in! Thanks, Fritz

Somebody also shot or drill a couple ragged holes in the canister, just to complicate things a little.
Thanks, Fritz
TERRY View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TERRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2018 at 4:22pm
Just the 2 wire mesh pieces and a retaining clip are in mine, no can. Unfortunately all the photos are gone from the parts project. But if it will fit in there and stay put and flow air maybe it will work.
BOULDER 48 2A
michbridge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2018 at 7:56pm
Thx! I found a photo for reference. I took the wire guts out and made a wire retainer.
Thanks, Fritz
 Post Reply Post Reply