Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

dauntless fuel pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dauntless fuel pump
    Posted: 16 July 2017 at 5:55pm
can I just plug off the return outlet on the dauntless fuel pump. I didn't even know it had this until the first fire up. I did plug it off and it seems ok. is there a possibility of to much fuel pressure?

thanks
Harry
Harry Eisenhauer
LesBerg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LesBerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2017 at 6:21pm
you might be able to. If you test it in the driveway, have a fire extinguisher handy. If
the block-off ever fails, you're going to have gas all over a hot exhaust manifold...

But I believe that the Dauntless fuel pump is interchangeable with the odd-fire Buick form 75-early 77 and there are two types:
three line like yours, and two line with no return, like the one on my motor.

My motor is dead and I'd send you my pump for the cost of shipping, but it was bad when I bought the motor. I had an electric sitting around from a retired 440-powered motorhome and dropped that in in it's place.

Les 

Edited by LesBerg - 16 July 2017 at 6:23pm
1948 CJ2A 157713 24" Stretch "Old Ironsides"
1st Armored Div
6th Infantry Reg
3rd Infantry Bn
Headquarters Company #161

rubigo in quo speramus - "In Rust we Trust"
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2017 at 6:32pm
I was not aware there was a 3 line pump. My spare V6 on the stand has is a 2 line pump.
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
wheelie View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2017 at 2:20am
I've blocked them off before with no issues. We're only talking about like 7 psi +/- so not hard to seal. 

I just received a 2 port pump from rock auto for a V6 but, I haven't opened the box yet to see if I actually got what I ordered.
 Post Reply Post Reply