Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Diesel conversion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38calypso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diesel conversion
    Posted: 10 Apr. 2017 at 1:15pm
Modern gasoline fuels are becoming too destructive these days .Im gonna pull the original engine from the m38 .Mothball it
and replace it with diesel . Has anyone fitted an Isuzu JA1L motor before (the 2.5 4 cyl thing )They are reasonably plentiful here in the Philippines . 
JT.
Lemield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lemield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr. 2017 at 10:38pm
I have no experience with the Isuzu diesels.....I chose the Kubota V2203 for my Willys...I am very happy with it. Smile
Larry

1949 CJ2A "Little Stinky Green" Kubota Diesel Powered
1970 Chevy C20 454 "Big Red"
1971 Chevy K20 6.2 Diesel "Pumpkin Wagon"
2001 Mercedes CLK320
2003 Cadillac Seville
Luke_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Luke_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2017 at 7:38pm
I've talked with a guy fairly local to me that's running the isuzu diesel that came in chevy s10/ isuzu pups. I think it was the c223, but he's running it naturally aspirated but with a turned up pump in a cj5 and really enjoying it

Edited by Luke_S - 16 Apr. 2017 at 7:42pm
m38calypso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38calypso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2017 at 11:01pm
Thanks for the replies guys ......The Kubota engine was my other choice .The only reason im heading in the direction of Isuzu ,is because the engines are freely available here .The kubota i would have to order from Japan ,plus any ongoing service spares .
JT.
 Post Reply Post Reply