Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Testing and Support for the forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disappointed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disappointed
    Posted: 02 Nov. 2013 at 1:47pm
Obviously I posted something in the wrong category,my mistake.I posted as a favor for a nice young man I recently met,my problem is,and I could be missing something,but while checking the post later,I could not locate it.After much searching,I staggered onto it located where it obviously should have been posted,my complaint is,there was no indication a new post was posted in this category.I am a bit computer challenged,but pretty sure if no one sees a new post,odds are unless they are just surfing the site,an unmarked post will be overlooked.Not complaining,but a bit disappointed.
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov. 2013 at 2:16pm
When I move a thread that has been in place for a while, I will add a comment to the thread so that my post will show up in the New Posts and call attention to the thread and the original post.  I do understand your concern, but have been reluctant to clutter up threads with off-topic posts, but since this has happened several times, I will go ahead and start adding a post to each thread that I move. 

A couple of pointers for you:  Once you found the post, you could have replied to your own post, accomplishing the same thing.  Often this is done with a simple bit of text, "Bump" which is understood to mean you are simply calling attention to an earlier post by "bumping it to the top" so to speak.  Another thing to know is that all prior links to the old location will automatically take you to the new location so once there are replies in a thread, they are easily found by clicking on the link that you get in an email notifying you of the reply.

The final indignity that I will impose on you is to move this thread to the Testing and Support for the Forum since it has nothing to do with a CJ-2A.  As they say, "Sorry about that!"  WinkEmbarrassed
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
Oldwillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov. 2013 at 2:46pm
Feels like a read between the lines moment,
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov. 2013 at 2:51pm
I did not mean anything other than what I said directly, and did not mean to offend.
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov. 2013 at 3:00pm
I bumped the post for you.....if it is the one I am thinking it is.. Also replied to your hardtop thread with an idea for ya.
Sam is just trying to keep the site somewhat organized so future searches for older threads are actually easier and more productive. Don't take it personally at all! Sam is a cool guy whose only shortcoming is he doesn't seem to be the least bit bothered by the red frame on his jeep...Wink 
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

Oldwillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov. 2013 at 3:07pm
Non taken,I appreciate the effort for a clean site.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov. 2013 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by F Bill F Bill wrote:

......Sam is a cool guy whose only shortcoming is he doesn't seem to be the least bit bothered by the red frame on his jeep...Wink 
...... and you want to make sure he gets his burger.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
cgsnipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cgsnipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2014 at 3:01am
Hi Guys, nothing to contribute to this discussion, but wanted to test posting. Been stalking this site for a little while. a bit of a technophobe; so bare with me
1991 wrangler
1999 grand cherokee
2003 wrangler
1948 CJ2A
Semper Paratus
 Post Reply Post Reply