Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Door window adjusters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markcl52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Door window adjusters
    Posted: 15 Apr. 2017 at 5:15am
I have a set of doors like the ones pictured below but I am missing the red part. I assume this is to lower and raise the window glass? How hard would it be to locate a pair of these? Alternatively, is this a part that could be fabricated? Anyone have a drawing or really good photographs with dimensions? Thanks
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2017 at 10:55pm
I have the same doors on a half cab, I believe it was made by Meyers. I don't think it would be to difficult to make with the right tools, I'll take some pictures and send them to you.
markcl52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markcl52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2017 at 1:23am
thanks leecarr!
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2017 at 1:00am
Sorry forgot, try and remember tomorrow.
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2017 at 6:53pm
See if these help.
markcl52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markcl52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2017 at 3:32pm
Thank you very much! This should be sufficient to fabricate something that works. I assume the handle piece has enough flex to engage and disengage each notch?
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2017 at 4:20pm
Yes,  It is flexed to engage and disengage.  Sometime is disengages on its own and the window crashes down.  There is a lower reinforcing bar that it strikes and sometimes gets wedged behind.
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
 Post Reply Post Reply