Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

End of an era

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: End of an era
    Posted: 13 June 2017 at 12:47am
It saddens me to say but Frances has been sold. I will miss her but time moves on. I won't go into length as to why except to say there comes a time when you can read the handwriting on the wall and there are things you just can't physically do anymore.

I will check in to the forum from time to time but will not be an active participant.

I've made some good friends here, especially those I got to see in person at the Willys Picnic. I'll miss you guys.

Good bye,
Larry
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2017 at 1:14am

You will be missed!
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2017 at 1:28am
Bittersweet... Frances can move on, Id ask that you stay on ;)

My wife and I had a long discussion about  Frances at the picnic...  We both agreed we are not yet in the right place, but her favor for military dress caught me both off guard, and hopefull-

Stick around, there is no ownership requirement to share hard won knowledge and personal interest!

MB

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2017 at 1:37pm
Thanks Larry for all your contributions to the forum.  Hope you got what you needed from Frances.  Do we know the new owner?  Is he/she a member?
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
rocketeer View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2017 at 3:42pm
Thanks Jeff. Yes, I got my price. No, he's not a member. There were several people at the show who were seriously interested and I got followup emails after I got home but just before packing up to head home this guy walked up, asked how much, I told him, he stuck out his hand and said "Take cash?", we shook and the deal was done, just that quick. I had to deliver it about an hour away but that wasn't a problem. He even threw in extra money for delivering it. Now I guess I'll sell the tow dolly (or trade for a good utility trailer) since I have nothing to tow.
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2017 at 4:25pm
It's great that you got your price. You need a trailer. We seem to be using one about every week for something.
uncamonkey
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2017 at 5:56pm
Larry,
I'm sorry to hear this.  You taught me so much over the years.  I'm hoping you know how much I appreciate that.

I wish you all the best.

Tim

Edited by athawk11 - 13 June 2017 at 7:35pm
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
3-48s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-48s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2017 at 6:20pm
Hey Larry,
I finally got to meet you in person at "The Great WILLS Picnic this year & talk about our 1956 Chevy Nomads. Now you sell Frances & quit the forum.
I sure hope it wasn't something I said!!!!

I wish you and yours the best Sir.
1945 CJ2A #10536
1948 CJ2A #176528 "Elmer"
1948 CJ2A #155970 "Gray Mule"
1948 CJ2A #155365 "Old Yeller" (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 6147 (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 30856
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 1:41am
Getting old really bites.  If there were any other viable option, I'd recommend it.  Frances is one of the more interesting CJMBs out there.  I better read your build thread again before I forget it.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
rocketeer View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 10:56pm
Well I hung (lurked) around for another year with a wee bit of posting here and there but I think it's time to finally say goodbye to all the friends on the forum. It was fun and I will miss all of you. Goodbye.

Larry
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 12:54am
Take care Larry.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 2:30am
Well, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.  Goodbye and good luck!!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
 Post Reply Post Reply