Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FarmJeep.com Old Stuff New Stuff

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FarmJeep.com Old Stuff New Stuff
    Posted: 20 Mar. 2019 at 1:55pm
It has been almost a month since we launched the new version of the site (www.farmjeep.com). In the process we have rediscovered some old stuff. We have reorganized material from the old site and placed items under one heading. For example, any post dealing with the Newgren lift is now in a single location – Parts>Hydraulic Implement Lifts>Newgren Lift.

We have added new items too. There is now a section for “Other Hydraulic Lifts” that includes information on three lifts that didn’t make the “Jeep Approved” list. There is a “1947 Equipment Book” available now under Parts>Implements and Accessories.

More new material will be coming soon. We plan to do more regular posts and will continue our efforts to find and fix lost links. If you do find a broken link, please let us know.

https://www.farmjeep.com/
Greaser007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar. 2019 at 9:14pm
Barry,

I will have to snoop around on the site !   I have not yet, so thanks.

When you mentioned the Hydraulic Implement Lift it reminded me of my dad's Ferguson T-20 tractor 3-point Lift problem.

He bought the tractor, a 1952 model from his brother-in-law. It sits for long spells in the open and sometimes covered.
   The lift was not lifting well nor holding up.

When I pulled the drain plug on the transmission, quite a bit of water came out before hydraulic fluid.   Hmm, I then asked my dad if he ever changed fluid. His response was, "why should I if it is working."
   So, anyway, we pulled the PTO shaft out and removed the pump.

The pump had a "blown" head gasket. So the fracture in the gasket worked like an open by-pass.   The cure, was a 12-dollar gasket, and $50 worth of hydraulic fluid and good as new again.

The pistons are a machined fit like a hydraulic lifter.

There must have been lots of farm-boys in the great U.S.A. with jeeps back in the '50's and '60's.
    Today's farm-boys probably drive YJ's and XJ's and soon will be driving the new Jeep Gladiator pickup !   It will have "adaptive-cruise". How does that work on the trail ?
   Hit the "de-activate" button.   hahaha

Thanks for the Link !
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar. 2019 at 9:43pm
The T-20 and the 9/8N were direct competitors to the Jeep and were and still are great tractors.  You might enjoy reading the article found here -

Barry

Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2019 at 1:45pm
Here's something I found on the "pumps" page. The Love is listed as a "belt driven, attaches to generator with strap." However, the photo shows how the one on my Empire is mounted. There is a plate that bolts to the top of the engine, under the oil filter mount. The pump attaches to it, then there is a 5" long spring that provides tension for the belt.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2019 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Bob3b Bob3b wrote:

Here's something I found on the "pumps" page. The Love is listed as a "belt driven, attaches to generator with strap." However, the photo shows how the one on my Empire is mounted. There is a plate that bolts to the top of the engine, under the oil filter mount. The pump attaches to it, then there is a 5" long spring that provides tension for the belt.

Not sure where that statement came from.  However, the Love brochure/installation instructions says a bracket is installed as you describe, with no mention of the spring, but says to replace the crank pulley with a 3 groove model and to throw away the shroud.  Could explain overheating.

I'll change the statement.  Thanks for the catch.
Barry

PS - This is exactly the kind of problem that is extremely hard for us to find.  Have been trying to read and check all the pages, but it doesn't work that well.

Edited by lhfarmbt - 21 Mar. 2019 at 4:58pm
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2019 at 12:54pm
yup, what we have learned with the reunion materials is that no matter how many times you read them, there is a still a mistake lurking someplace. The LOVE hitch on my Empire has the bracket and spring just like the photo on your page. The shroud on the Empire is very small, and is soldered to the radiator.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
 Post Reply Post Reply