Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - Your Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ferrari 308

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverlandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ferrari 308
    Posted: 13 Aug. 2014 at 1:20am
Here's something you don't normally come across on a Jeep forum...

1948 CJ2A # 217333
My Project

JW in Dallas, TX
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2014 at 3:40am
Cool, your a regular Thomas Magnum in that rig!

Have fun with it!, Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2014 at 11:29pm
Had a chance to buy a 308 GTS. Drove it. Handled well, visability was not great. Not a ball of fire on power. Try a E type Jag. The Jag won in my book. Good looking car you have however! 
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug. 2014 at 2:59am
My Jeep will go where ever that thing can go. Maybe not as quick, but it will get there. You can't say that the other way around.
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug. 2014 at 3:16am
Bretto, which one will the Blond with blue eyes want to ride in? LOL
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
OverlandMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverlandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug. 2014 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Oilleaker1 Oilleaker1 wrote:

Had a chance to buy a 308 GTS. Drove it. Handled well, visability was not great. Not a ball of fire on power. Try a E type Jag. The Jag won in my book. Good looking car you have however! 

The E-types are neat cars but they made more than 60k of them. There were approx 12k 308s produced. I still have my DeLorean too, which registers a touch over 8,500 produced.

I like the rare stuff that I can try and justify (to some extent) as an investment. Go ahead and laugh but if you play it right and hold on to it for the right amount of time... with a little luck you can make some $$$. Look at the guys buying the Dino 206s and 246s 4 or 5 years back for $90k. Those cars are touching $400k today. Granted, those cars are more sought after than my two prior examples but the same overall principles apply.

All that said, I did really like my old Jeep. I just got sick of pouring money into it that I was never going to get back. I've got a house and two daily drivers to do that with, which is enough already. Smile

Come deer season though... I'll be wanting my old Jeep back. Right now I'm filling that void with an old 85 Silverado that I inherited from a family member.
1948 CJ2A # 217333
My Project

JW in Dallas, TX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverlandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug. 2014 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Lee (MN) Lee (MN) wrote:

Cool, your a regular Thomas Magnum in that rig!

Have fun with it!, Lee

Thanks Lee!
1948 CJ2A # 217333
My Project

JW in Dallas, TX
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug. 2014 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by OverlandMan OverlandMan wrote:

The E-types are neat cars but they made more than 60k of them. There were approx 12k 308s produced. I still have my DeLorean too, which registers a touch over 8,500 produced.

You have a DeLorean? I'm very jealous! A guy at my local car show has one all decked out like the time machine, and even has a little dog like Einstein LOL
On the subject on the exclusiveness of the DeLorean, they aren't really as special as they once were. Of course it's very cool to have an original one, but they are being built once again by DeLorean.

My dream Ferrari is a 250 Testa Rossa or an FXX Evoluzione. The 308 is pretty awesome, tear up the streets!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverlandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug. 2014 at 1:37am
Originally posted by Nick_ Nick_ wrote:

You have a DeLorean? I'm very jealous! A guy at my local car show has one all decked out like the time machine, and even has a little dog like Einstein LOL
On the subject on the exclusiveness of the DeLorean, they aren't really as special as they once were. Of course it's very cool to have an original one, but they are being built once again by DeLorean.

My dream Ferrari is a 250 Testa Rossa or an FXX Evoluzione. The 308 is pretty awesome, tear up the streets!

I'm not into the time machine conversions but some are really executed to immaculate detail levels, which is impressive.

The new DeLorean company you're referencing out of Houston actually is not currently building "new" cars. The cars they were rumored to be building were from the original parts pile. Even if they were, a few hundred additional cars wouldn't really affect valuation IMO.

My dream Ferrari is the 1984-85 288 GTO.
1948 CJ2A # 217333
My Project

JW in Dallas, TX
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep. 2014 at 6:17pm
I love the look of the DeLorean, but a willys has just about as much pep as one! They would have benefitted greatly from a lot more engine!
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
 Post Reply Post Reply