Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FLATFENDER SATURDAY!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2016 at 6:40pm
2016 Flatfender Saturday!!
Had a jeep meet at my house.

[IMG][/IMG]
We drove across town to the local car show [IMG][/IMG]
We made quite an entrance when I drove my jeep up the curb into the park with three other Flatfenders following we made our own line at the car show. We met a guy who had his 3a in the show and talked him into moving to our line up for pictures
[IMG]
[/IMG]
It was a great Saturday Talking Willys

Edited by Flatfender Ben - 17 July 2016 at 8:54pm
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2016 at 7:32pm
So cool! Clap
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2016 at 4:52pm
We gotta get together again Ben. The ride we did in June was fun. No desert trail riding now tho with the fire hazard..
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2016 at 2:31am
Ya when the weather cools down and its not so dry.
We need to go again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep. 2016 at 1:22am
My wife and I went on a Flatfender drive
My Dads 3A was at my uncles so we used it since it was near by.
we stopped and looked at this old house,and I found a old rusty 16" wheel with a good Crome trim ring on it,score.
Then I wanted to take my wife to see a neat log cabin,it's up a narrow old road and we only made it about half way when we came to this!!

I could almost drive under it but not quite And the hatchet in the jeep wasn't going to ( CUT )it!!

We WALKED the rest of the way to the cabin,and for a jeeper it was a total insult
Then we had to back almost all the way back down because the roads to narrow to turn around
The funny thing is I jeeped past that big tree leaning over the road last year and thought that'd be a bummer if it falls over, well it sure DID!!!!

Edited by Flatfender Ben - 11 Sep. 2016 at 3:53pm
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep. 2016 at 2:29am
Ben , you have to think outside the box-----------just dig the road down with a shovel. Easy as cake huh? We need you to come to a big one like the  Fall Colors Tour.  Nice pictures, thanks, Oilly
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep. 2016 at 3:16am
Ha ha funny you mention the shovel idea, that was actually a thought I had. But I didn't figure my wife would be too thrilled about spending the afternoon watching me digging.
I also got this mental picture of the jeep getting pinned halfway under the log
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep. 2016 at 9:37am
Boy, that sure looks like a steep incline! . Looks like fun!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep. 2016 at 3:48pm
should have said that old house in the first pic was not the cabin
Edited first post.

Edited by Flatfender Ben - 11 Sep. 2016 at 3:58pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2016 at 4:39pm
Flatfender Saturday,   Dump safari....??? when ever I see vehicles with stuff loaded on top of them, it makes me think of going on a safari loaded with gear, through a muddy jungle or a cross a desert!! One of my favorite movies growing up was Hatari,
It has two of my favorite things JEEPS!! and John Wayne.

Being so desperate for a Flatfender adventure, I made one!
I needed to go to the dump on Saturday to get rid of a bunch of cardboard boxes and trash,but I also wanted to spend my Saturday driving a Flatfender! Soooo,

I give you the dump Safari!!!!

I messed around all summer and never got the heater installed so I rigged up this temporary heater using a little buddy propane heater worked very well to keep me warm.

The bummer is the heater has a safety switch so when you hit a big bump it turns off
On safari...

This Flatfender followed me all morning,was jealous he got to drive in the dirt!

After unloading my load at the dump,I went to my Dads and we took his pickup to retrieve this KB-5 IH truck that I bought for $195.

When we got back to dads shop I looked through all my 16 inch Jeep wheels that I have stored on the back of my FC , wanting to get four of them powder coated.

I loaded wheels and four tires in the jeep.

Then I hooked up this old boat trailer to take home and use to haul my scrap gutter.( I own a seamless gutter business )

Thanks for joining me on my safari/adventure

Edited by Flatfender Ben - 04 Dec. 2016 at 5:03pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2016 at 4:58pm
 I can't believe you took your Jeep to the dump. I would have taken it. I wish you had called!!!!!! ----------------------------------------------------------LOL.  Cool pictures. Thanks for the photos. John
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2016 at 5:06pm
I dunno Ben, that hitch sorta had a Beverly Hillbillys look to it. I'm hopin we can get together again this spring. Not too early to start planning for the BHR in SD (hint, hint) swing by here and we'll convoy the rest of the way to Oilly's.
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2016 at 6:15pm
Great stuff! Thanks!
Rick Estes
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2016 at 7:08pm
Ben around here on a civilized side of the state showing up at the dump (waste transfer Station) would have gotten you a nice fine. All loads must be covered. You would have had to throw a tarp over that cardboard. On the good side they would have let you toss it for free.

Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2016 at 2:09pm
OILLEAKER.
If I ever decide to dump my highhood, I'll call you,don't hold your breath though.. ha ha.
Thanks for all the trail scouting reports for 2017.amazing looking trails.

MARK.
Not tarping my load was the least of my legal violations,on that safari...lol
Thanks for reminding me how laid back it is in Malheur county.

RICKG.
My Dad and I always do a Flatfender run around march 19th, For my birthday,we usually go to RyeValley OR . (Search Flatfender adventure) for my old posts. If your interested in going along let me know. We could do a run to the owyhee res. Area come spring.

If you and oilly come to The swap meet in fruitland again. I'd be happy to plan another trail ride if you have time.

It would be awesome to convoy to the BHR with you, not sure I'll be able to come yet.
Oillys posts sure got me thinking though.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2016 at 2:23pm
Ben, this would be the year to come.  Tell Dad he look at two '46 Chevy pickups to feel better. LOL Both of you are as sick as the rest of us.  Oilly
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2016 at 4:24pm
Thanks for sharing. Great pics and narrative... really like the KB-5.
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2016 at 5:35pm
Ben, 
I love it that you can make a trip to the dump into a flatfender adventure.

I am having serous jeep envy on your FC. Some day I'm gong to have one.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>