Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FLATFENDER SATURDAY!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 11:05am
What a great find!
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 6:13pm
Ben you dirty dog!! What the heck you doin over in Weiser? Git back over on your side of the border!!
Thumbs Up
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 10:46pm
Ha ha!
Rick I almost said don't worry RickG I stayed on my side of the river the overdrives been in Oregon for 40 years!
I thought I'd be safe when you saw the jeep had Oregon plates but your eagle eye read the address label!
Always keeping me on my toes.

Edited by Flatfender Ben - 07 May 2017 at 10:49pm
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Flatfender Ben Flatfender Ben wrote:

DING DING DING we have a winner folks.
Good job v8 willys

Is this cool or what!!!

That is so super cool! I wouldn't mind finding that!!!
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 11:45pm
That's two brand new Warns with Jeep purchases now. Some guys have all the luck. Easy 1150.00 for one. Way to go! Oilly
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 2:11am
Well this Saturday Dad's 3a went on the lift for some maintenance in preparation for the Oregon spring fling.
We'll be trailering it across the state for this event. Where very excited to meet and jeep with fellow flatfender fans.

And.........
That's right the Warn Over Drive is not going back in the box!!!

Installed!!!
Now for a shifter??? Wasn't one in the box
So I went out to jeep parts storage and got this one.
Man those warn shift knobs are cool!
Mounting bracket will have to be modified.
V8 Willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V8 Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 2:52am
Geeez, Thought i won that for the right guess for what was in the box. You will enjoy it as my  MB and 2A have them installed.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 3:23am
Oh I forgot to mention your reward is you can give yourself a pat on the back
And the pride of warn box identifier.
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 4:18am
Ray, (V8 Willys)  and Ben I've jeep'd with you both and would be proud to introduce the 2 of you if the opportunity presents itself..
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
V8 Willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V8 Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 6:08am
Thanks RICKG, i would like to meet Ben and others also, everyone seems to be laid back and having fun. Looking forward to seeing you,familiar faces and new ones in June. I had fun with the guessing game Ben, do it again.
mike in oregon View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike in oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 2:15pm
Ben I thought you would bring that out west for the host. LOL I can not wait to meet all of you from over there. You better bolt that in real tight. Wink
MIKE IN OREGON
President of Oregon Flat Fender Club.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oregon-Flat-Fender-Club/222864787838570

46 CJ2A 38007
46 CJ2A 79863
BANTAM T3-C 25314
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 6:11pm
Does it mention in the instructions to make certain that you top off your gear lube, and run the jeep in gear with the Transfer case in neutral for a while to fill the overdrive?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 2:47am
No it didn't.
But thanks for the tip.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 4:06am
Getting ready for spring jeeping! So I got my summer jeep ready to go....you know check the gas and fill the t-case with gear oil !!!!!!!! Oh man I was supposed to reseal that t-case while it was sitting in the shop all winter!

The weathers to nice now.

I parked it back in the shop ready for Saturday.

Talk about spring weather!!! It was in the mid 80s the day I got the blue jeep ready and here it is flatfender Saturday and looking forward to driving it, I go outside and it's 30 something degrees and heavy frost on everything!!!! Not to worry it was still a flatfender Saturday just had to drive the ugly high hood.....but the heater sure felt nice, on the way to dads to do more work on his 3a.

Edited by Flatfender Ben - 14 May 2017 at 4:11am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 2:25am
FLATFENDER WEEKEND!!!!!!

Dads 3a that he keeps at my uncles, which is near his mining claims had been brought to town for new exhaust.
So Saturday we took it back, and looked over some of the claims.

Rolling down the freeway.

Rainy on the way, but stopped about the time we unloaded.

Back into the storage container,till next time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 2:49am
SUNDAY!!!
My wife and I took our 2a for a picnic.

This is picnicking in the desert!!
Ha ha right on a sand dune.

In this pic you can see the moon! To right of the jet trail.

Taught this varmit to take a dirt nap.

Guess he learned cause he was still laying there when we left!
What a great flatfender weekend.
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 4:59am
Looks like you guys had a fantastic time!
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 3:01pm
I always like it when a new reply shows up on this topic. Great pics and always entertaining!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>