Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

On The Road Again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On The Road Again
    Posted: 12 Jan. 2022 at 6:24pm
Back when I was still working one of our team members had a BBQ party one weekend and invited the team.

Our new team manager named "Jeff" had recently transferred from our Portland Maine office to Chattanooga and he didn't know the area very well.

The BBQ was at a farm up on top of the Cumberland, so to get there from Chattanooga required crossing signal mountain going through the next valley and up another mountain. 

Poor Jeff showed up two hours late. His GPS had sent him up the mountain on an old logging road, which was the shortest route, in miles, but not in time.

He seemed puzzled when I told him about the nice paved highway that went right to the farm, and he followed me back down when the party was over. 

Good thing it was Summer time or we may have never seen Jeff again.
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
BD1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2022 at 6:11pm
Once you get off the blacktop there are lots of places that Siri has never been! Northern Maine is one. About once a year we have a news story about someone who was following their phone and drove off the end of a pier.
BD
'47 CJ2a, Shiny on top!
'55 CJ5 project
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2022 at 9:53am
Originally posted by TMRoper TMRoper wrote:

Palo Duro?

No, we were jeeping at the Canadian River just north of Amarillo, TX.  Here's the post on the trip.

1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
TMRoper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMRoper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2022 at 7:25am
Palo Duro?
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2022 at 7:08am
That looks like fun. And warm too! Amarillo is on the way to Albuquerque. We have family there. Driven by there many times.  

Edited by drm101 - 10 Jan. 2022 at 7:16am
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Mud Hen"
The less the Power the More the Force
muley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2022 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Flatfender Ben Flatfender Ben wrote:

Fun stuff Clap
Thanks for sharing 

Sure is fun stuff! We aint seen bare dirt for weeks..Cry
Joined Jan-8 2015
I never met a mule I didn't like!
OD Mule 01-52 M38
Big Red 19fiddy CJ3A salad
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2022 at 3:03pm
Fun stuff Clap
Thanks for sharing 
1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1956 willys pickup boomer
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2022 at 8:31pm
Amarillo, TX

Did a little wheelin in Rick G’s back yard.

Edited by jpet - 08 Jan. 2022 at 8:34pm
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
3-48s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-48s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr. 2019 at 3:07pm
"Conn.JEEP DAY"
Well I had an outstanding day last Sat. visiting some fellow WILLYS enthusiasts. No videos or photos so I guess it's MY BAD for that but a great day of visiting none the less.
I headed South out at 4:45 AM to see one of our outstanding younger CJ2A enthusiasts and found myself a bit envious of the wonderful collection of 2As and WILLYS STUFF that this young fellow has amassed. He has been collecting this stuff since he was 12 and ten years of collecting has netted quite a stash of great WILLYS goodies! Kudos to you Matt! At about 8:30 am I arrived at the predetermined meeting place and Matt (Mhovey46) shared his great collection and then was my tour guide for a bit.
We headed down to Dana C's (CJ2A-CT) to see the progress on "Briar Rabbit and that too was quite impressive. Dana and Josh have done an admirable job resurrecting the old "hasenpfeffer". They have taken that rusty old rabbit and conjured up a spicy little Marine replica JEEP. Nice work guys!
Next we headed up to see Brian H. (metalshaper). Brian is an extremely talented gent that also has an amazing collection of "Rare Old Metal" in his herd. He also has some very impressive metal forming tools. Those tools and his talented hands create some of the finest metal WILLYS components this side of TOLEDO. This is a dying art and Brian is rare individual in this day and age. Thanks Brian for fitting me visit into your busy schedule!
Next I said good day to Matt & Brian and proceeded to see one of the neatest little 1945 CJ2As that is out there, (Woody). Woody is owned by Jerry O. and he was good enough to fit my visit onto his day. Jerry is the very proud owner of "Woody" and he was glad to drop his rake and show me his little "original jewel". He also un-tarped another rare NAVY JEEP that he found, but I will let him divulge that if he is so inclined. Thanks Jerry!
Last I headed back north to connect with my bud Geoff G. (ggordon49), to drop of a PTO setup for his 48 WILLYS. I got to meet his beautiful youngsters and pup and we sat and visited with a nice cup of coffee for a bit. Thanks for the hospitality Geoff & enjoy your PTO!
From there I went to stay with my Aunt & Uncle in Canton for the evening. Uncle Ray is a Korean War vet and shared great stories from back in the day before we went to visit the "Sand Man".

Great South Conn. Tour & Hospitality!

Edited by 3-48s - 08 Apr. 2019 at 3:36pm
1945 CJ2A #10536
1948 CJ2A #176528 "Elmer"
1948 CJ2A #155970 "Gray Mule"
1948 CJ2A #155365 "Old Yeller" (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 6147 (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 30856
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2019 at 3:49pm
I had a visit yesterday.... You may know him! Wink Thanks again Jpet for a fun evening, and for the tool loan..... also thank you for not scaring me. Big smile 

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2019 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

Are you getting Seth to make you a TDI adapter for Bam Bam? Wink
I did get to see his very cool machine shop

I wish I would have seen his YouTube channel before I met him, .... I would have tried to scare him

https://www.youtube.com/user/Steftes/videos?flow=grid&sort=p&view=0
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2019 at 2:48pm
Are you getting Seth to make you a TDI adapter for Bam Bam? Wink
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2019 at 1:25pm
Jersey Shore, PA

Sorry about these pics. My phone camera isn’t working right so this is about as good as I can post.   Seth has some better video. It was good to meet Millenium Falcon and see his diesel Willys!!
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2018 at 12:16am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Lonnie is able to get around with a walker now but he still won’t slow down!

Good to see the recovery is coming along nicely, but I'll bet in the same situation you wouldn't slow down either!  Big smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec. 2018 at 4:08pm
Back to Bowling Green:

I dropped off Lonnie’s Surrey top but the Surrey isn’t here.

Lonnie and Marilyn are doing pretty good and Lonnie is able to get around with a walker now but he still won’t slow down!

Edited by jpet - 08 Apr. 2019 at 5:26pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan. 2018 at 3:30am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

..... looks fine from my phone.

..... and from Marilyn’s phone

...... and from Troy’s phone

It's upright here.  Has it been worked on since it was first posted?  Usually, when someone's pics are upside-down I save 'em and turn 'em upright myself. 
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
SKT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2018 at 4:15am

On the road again!?!

1948 CJ-2A
Fiberglass Tub
Ford 302 (5.0)
35" BFG Mud Terrains
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2018 at 12:23am
..... looks fine from my phone.

..... and from Marilyn’s phone

...... and from Troy’s phone

Edited by jpet - 20 Jan. 2018 at 12:27am
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>