Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Research & History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3 point hitch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fiveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 point hitch
    Posted: 03 June 2010 at 1:01am
Just found a dimond in the rough(to me) a few days ago and was wonder how common it is. The best I can tell its a 1948 cj2a with rear pto and 3 point hitch. The numbers under the hood are CJ2A  156995. Its in pretty bad shape but it is all orignial. I hope to bring her back to life over the next few years. If any one has any insite to the rarity of this oldy please let me know. I'm sure they were common way back when but I have never seen one. Here is a picture of the stlye hitch that is on her.

Edited by fiveo - 03 June 2010 at 3:38am
1948 CJ2a
1954 CJ3b
1978 CJ7
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2010 at 3:18am

Well 5 O, the 3 point hitch is rare but they are around. First you need to find out that kind you have and if it is complete.. There is alot of info on them here and around if you do a search.. The rear PTO is pretty common anymore...

tony

Too many jeeps.....GOT JEEP ?
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2010 at 3:23am
Heres a little bit of info

Too many jeeps.....GOT JEEP ?
Willys Motors View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willys Motors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2010 at 3:46am
Seems odd to find a recently repainted Newgren bolted to a rustbucket...
fiveo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fiveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2010 at 3:59am

The picture in my post is not of my jeep. I is a picture I found in the link that tony sent me. My hitch is exactly like this one but not the same one. Sorry for the confusion.

1948 CJ2a
1954 CJ3b
1978 CJ7
 Post Reply Post Reply