Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

selectro classic hubs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: selectro classic hubs
    Posted: 26 June 2010 at 11:42pm
Does anyone have a link to an exploded view of these Selctro classic hubs,  mine actually say Sears on them but I have been searching around the net and have been to Husky, Mile Marker, and Selectro and have found a lot of info but no pictures of how they go together.  I know, it should be obvious but I have got all of the parts sorted out and don't quite get how the spring under the cap hooks up.  Lost the instruction sheet forty years ago Confused.
T. Nick
If it's not broke, work on it till it is!

48 CJ2A #192834 "Grunt"
oldracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2010 at 12:40am
NEVER MIND - It WAS obvious - I just needed a nap to see it.  Thanks anyway.  At least if anyone else gets stuck on these things I can help.
T. Nick

48 CJ2A #192834 "Grunt"
RA472A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RA472A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2010 at 3:45pm
I was able to find O-rings for those.  I ordered them through Grainger, but they came from www.rtdygert.com  They are -037 silicone O-rings and come 10 to a package.  The funny little torx screw on some models uses a T-25 Torx bit that I bought in a Lisle bubble pack for a couple bucks. Hope this helps, but sounds like you got it figured out.
oldracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2010 at 4:12pm
Hey there RA472A,
Thanks for the info on the O-rings.  I was worried about mine but figured they would be really hard to replace.  These old hubs don't appear to have any significant wear even after all these years.  Way back on about page 8 on this forum (I think) I even found a link that sells the internal cam part which looks like may be the weak link, if there is one.   Thanks again.
T. Nick

48 CJ2A #192834 "Grunt"
Iowawillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iowawillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2010 at 7:45pm
I ordered the internal cam piece from mile marker. They sent me plastic ones instead of my original aluminum (or whatever the metal is) ones.  They were $5 a piece.  But their minimum order was $15.  So I bought three incase I needed spairs.  Shipping was around $5.  When I checked quad 4x4 they wanted $12.95 for a metal cam, and around $15 to ship it!  So we'll see how the plastic ones hold up!  Just another option I guess for whoever is in need of the cam piece for their hubs.  I'm curiouse as to how they will hold up after my project is done.
 Post Reply Post Reply