Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Universal hub puller

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesawch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Universal hub puller
    Posted: 01 Oct. 2010 at 3:48am
Does anyone have any ideas where I can get a cheap version of this kind of hub puller?? I need to pull my hubs off but really don't want to spend  a lot of money on something I may never use again.Any other ideas on what i can do to get my hubs off without bending then drums?? I am in Canada so i can't just run down to the local harbour frieght,tracto supply center store etc. All the  places inm Canada we have here don't carry this style. Thanks Dale
 http://www.otctools.com/newcatalog/products/7394_2675.jpg
captianpattson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captianpattson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2010 at 3:57am
'49 CJ2A in fewer pieces than before
My Build Thread
Chip Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chip Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2010 at 4:13am
If you have or know some one who has fabrication & welding capability you could make one.  At least one member here has and posted pictures of it  while back  so if you search that topic you may be able to find one . 
Another approach may be to seek out & befriend an old time mechanic with tools . Many old cars back in the day required the same puller you need today for yer jeep .....even in Canada.  I bet there is well established shop or old school mechanic guy near you that has that puller. Never hurts to ask .  And one other way to look at it .... Even if you have to buy one ...investing in quality  tools is never a bad idea. 

Chip 
Bobatwarsaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobatwarsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2010 at 4:21am
Hi Dale
Welcome to the Jeep world, you now know what Jeep stands for Cry
Hope you may borrow one, and save moneys
Take care Bob
Take Care
Bob

<
p3ferris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3ferris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2010 at 2:45pm
Read here on my post you will see one you can build for about 2 bucks
Ed
cj2a lefty
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2010 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by p3ferris p3ferris wrote:

Read here on my post you will see one you can build for about 2 bucks
I don't think so.

Scott's photo has gone missing.  That is one of the lousy problems with relying on Photobucket as a photo hosting site.
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2010 at 3:24pm
Stuff like that I don't understand why people don't just upload the picture to the site here through the File Manager......I rarely ever use a host site.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2010 at 3:38pm
FWIW, I have looked at the terms and conditions of many of the photo hosting sites.  Picasa (by Google) is one of the few that does not, at some point, hold your photos hostage to some quid pro quo.  Unfortunately, Picasa is not quite as easy to use for inserting images in posts here than a few of the others that do leave you at risk of losing your images as posted here.

For images that I think are of particular value her, I do try to use the File Manager.  I believe the main reason that people do not do that regularly is becuase of the need to resize your photos to get them under 300Kbytes or whatever the current limitation is here.  Most of the photo hosting sites allow you upload a photo at full size even as they may resize them during the upload so it is simpler for the poster.

All of this is off-topic, but since we have a prime example of the problem right at hand, why not? Embarrassed

Edited by samcj2a - 01 Oct. 2010 at 3:40pm
Sam

WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2010 at 5:15pm
Buy one on ebay and then sell it  on ebay when you are done with it.
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2010 at 5:41pm
Check with your local auto parts store, many of them have rental programs. Another option (at least around here, not sure about Canada) is a rental company. Here they rent everything from bulldozers to timing lights.

Edited by bkreutz - 01 Oct. 2010 at 5:42pm
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
p3ferris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3ferris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2010 at 6:53pm
Sam why  do you not think so?  I have had 4 pulled by this.  It is home made but tough.  A couple of guys have borrowed then copied it.
Ed
cj2a lefty
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2010 at 7:14pm

Ed, my "I don't think so" was directed at the comment that a picture of the puller was available in that thread, not at the worth of the puller.  I have no issue with that or any homemade puller.  Scott's photo is no longer visible.

In fact, since you have a homemade puller that works, please post a new photo of it in this thread so everyone can get an idea of how to make one.

Edited by samcj2a - 01 Oct. 2010 at 7:16pm
Sam

p3ferris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3ferris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2010 at 11:12pm
I have the pic saved but when they changed things around here a while back I cannot get anything to work as far as a pic. goes.  It took me 2 years to get it to work the first time.  I will try again later.  I wonder how come it comes up as a picture on the thread on my computer when I click on the link?  It is on my post there.  Oh well I will get it figured out.  Thanks for the explanation Sam.
Ed
cj2a lefty
 Post Reply Post Reply