Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My '47

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 51>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov. 2022 at 10:42pm
Keep at it Dennis, you should have a dry (holiday) weekend to work on it.
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov. 2022 at 9:06pm
Nothing better than the sound of a flathead Clap
1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1956 willys pickup boomer
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov. 2022 at 8:46pm
Made it home with a little sunlight left and what I should have been doing was finish the brakes but I started it up and let it run for 10 minutes instead.  Much more satisfying than finishing brake lines.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 2022 at 9:14pm
Longer brake hose arrived last week but the rainy season is here and last night we got hail here, guess what happened?  Yep the new canopy partial collapsed. No damage to the Willys.

So I worked a half day and picked up a more sturdy canopy. Raining all morning and calling for rain all afternoon I was anticipating being wet,cold and just being miserable.  Ate lunch and went out to light rain that soon became blue skies.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov. 2022 at 7:57am
New brake parts will be so nice. Clap
I need to follow your example and redo several brake systems Big smile
1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2022 at 4:06pm
Last weekend I thought I was prepared to start installing the brake system. I was wrong. I kept thinking I had the brake hoses but I never ordered them. Fast forward to yesterday and I started for real this time.

New wheel cylinders for the 11" drums, all three brake hoses are the stock CJ2A frame to axle one and cut, flared and routed the lines to the master cylinder.  New dual reservoir master cylinder was bled before lines were connected. New wheel cylinders for the stock 9" drums in the back and the brake lines were installed.
 The stock CJ2A rear frame to axle brake hose I thought might work is too short so I have a longer one on its way.

Also started it up again and everything sounds good still.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct. 2022 at 10:50pm

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct. 2022 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Flatfender Ben Flatfender Ben wrote:

Cool video Clap
Thanks. I'm just happy it sounds okay. I wish my day job would not get in the way of building it, time I get home I have little time to do anything. I did buy front wheel cylinders today, so there is progress!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct. 2022 at 6:22pm
Cool video Clap
1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2022 at 11:19pm
Yesterday I uncovered the Willys to get the motivation to start working on it again. Started with putting on a exhaust hanger. Next I removed the valve cover and checked all tappets again. Made some changes to a couple and fired the engine up. 
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2022 at 10:03pm
Since Jeep funds are low to none and I already have oil, I changed it few hours ago. Still have oil pressure after starting it, so that's good LOLConfused 
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2022 at 10:11pm
mbullism was generous enough to send me a carburetor air horn that I painted today.  Not much else to report as I've been doing work around the house.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep. 2022 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Bruce W Bruce W wrote:

And if the transfer case has been tightened down against that plate, the case may be cracked. 
BW 

I know I didn't crack the case but I've only owned it for a few years and know no history of it. 
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep. 2022 at 12:30am
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

Dennis,
1st, I probably should not give leak stop advice cuz everything I have leaks.

Are you positive the lock plate on the transmission counter shaft is totally fit down in the inset for it? If it's not totally set down in the hole it gets pinched between the two cases and will never seal.

I accept any advice. I pre fit the gasket on both surfaces and made sure there was no interference between the two. With that said though it is possible a previous did not check. I will have to see if there is a hairline crack this weekend when I'll have more time to spend in it.
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep. 2022 at 11:37am
  And if the transfer case has been tightened down against that plate, the case may be cracked. 
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep. 2022 at 10:21am
Dennis,
1st, I probably should not give leak stop advice cuz everything I have leaks.

Are you positive the lock plate on the transmission counter shaft is totally fit down in the inset for it? If it's not totally set down in the hole it gets pinched between the two cases and will never seal.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep. 2022 at 9:11am
Those trans/tc case leaks are a pia! 
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Ron"
'66 CJ5 "Buckie"
The less the Power the More the Force
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep. 2022 at 11:29pm
Well Transmission still leaks. Removed T/C, cleaned both surfaces, new dry gasket, sealant on the bolt threads and copper washers. Waited a day to fill it with 90 weight and waited a day to check it. Still leaking from the bottom bolt. Angry   Upset but better to find it now when I have easy access then later under the tub.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 51>