Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My '47

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 51>
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2018 at 9:22pm
That's a beautiful shot!
Rick Estes
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2018 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by eestes1 eestes1 wrote:

That's a beautiful shot!

Thank you. I only wish I had an actual driveway
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2018 at 9:48pm
Take heart . We have a "nice" long driveway, but with the rain we've had, it's mostly mud. And I'm sure there in Oregon you've had more rain than we have.
Rick Estes
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2018 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by eestes1 eestes1 wrote:

Take heart . We have a "nice" long driveway, but with the rain we've had, it's mostly mud. And I'm sure there in Oregon you've had more rain than we have.

The yard is more sand then anything really. That and elk and deer poop.   Behind my little house is a mansion beyond that is the Columbia river.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2018 at 11:27pm
Started assembling my motor. Cleaned and painted Head. Installed head studs, intake and exhaust studs, coil bracket studs.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2018 at 11:30pm
Head is on temporary, still need to install gasket.  Once it is all together I may repaint it all one color. Maybe.

Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2018 at 1:11am
Shouldn’t be long now
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2018 at 1:31am
Look at that guy paying attention and having the throttle linkage in place already!
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2018 at 1:42am
Originally posted by Mark W. Mark W. wrote:

Look at that guy paying attention and having the throttle linkage in place already!
LOL
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2018 at 2:47am

I was totally ignorant of that when I was putting mine together. Luckily someone posted asking why his throttle wouldn’t hook up. He was advised it was turned wrong. Probably saved me. 
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec. 2018 at 1:43am
Originally posted by Mike F Mike F wrote:

Shouldn’t be long now

Cant really do much more though. The flywheel that came with this motor has a small section where the teeth are bad. I hoping the flywheel in my Willys now can be used. I still need to get the rebuild kit for the spare transmission I have before I remove my current drivetrain.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec. 2018 at 1:44am

LOL I'm just glad it is not upside down!
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec. 2018 at 1:53am
Worked on the motor again today. Took the front off to verify things the oil plugs were in.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec. 2018 at 1:54am
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec. 2018 at 1:55am
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec. 2018 at 1:56am
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec. 2018 at 2:09am
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

Shouldn’t be long now

Cant really do much more though. The flywheel that came with this motor has a small section where the teeth are bad. I hoping the flywheel in my Willys now can be used. I still need to get the rebuild kit for the spare transmission I have before I remove my current drivetrain.
I know what you mean. 
Ive been watching for a trans / TC to rebuild and swap in. Or even a parts Jeep. I wanna rebuild everything from the clutch to the lugnuts. Prefer to do it all at once. Lest I get sidetracked. Then I will be able to jump in and go without wondering if I’m gonna make it home.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec. 2018 at 2:47am

Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

Shouldn’t be long now

I know what you mean. 
Ive been watching for a trans / TC to rebuild and swap in. Or even a parts Jeep. I wanna rebuild everything from the clutch to the lugnuts. Prefer to do it all at once. Lest I get sidetracked. Then I will be able to jump in and go without wondering if I’m gonna make it home.

The same with me.  Don't think the girlfriend would appreciate another Jeep in the yard though LOL 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 51>