Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My '47

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 51>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2018 at 10:29pm
This is after I put 5 gallons of fuel in it. Here is the parking area for the bridge operators. Just out of the frame is a dead gull.  

Of course it started raining when we got back to it with fuel. I should have taken a picture in the other direction but it was raining.

Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2018 at 11:17pm
Getting hit with all them rain drops musta done it in. Been over that bridge many times. You stall out there your gonna have some unhappy folks behind you. 
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 2018 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Mike F Mike F wrote:

Getting hit with all them rain drops musta done it in. Been over that bridge many times. You stall out there your gonna have some unhappy folks behind you. 

Oh and I did! Like I said earlier glad my girl was driving behind me to push me here. Had quite a few people almost side swipe us because they didn't move over at all, even though there was no oncoming traffic.
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 2018 at 2:26am
At least it wasn’t a Saturday in July about noon. But it might not have been raining.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 2018 at 7:24am

At least it wasn’t a Saturday in July about noon. But it might not have been raining.

Actually I would have preferred it! LOL Traffic would be driving at 15 mph and I could have been just pushed to the round about and off the bridge. 
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 2018 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

Actually I would have preferred it! LOL Traffic would be driving at 15 mph and I could have been just pushed to the round about and off the bridge. 
Yea, hadn't thought that through completely. I guess you could have just jumped out and pushed and kept up.  Would have kept up with the flow of traffic even with out help from behind.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 2018 at 5:13pm
Worked on the replacing the front side lights. It was so nice working in a garage and having access to table. Its the little things in life.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 2018 at 5:14pm
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 2018 at 5:16pm
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov. 2018 at 5:56pm
 I washed it yesterday. Less than twenty four hours later...

ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov. 2018 at 6:42pm
Driving it daily will take care of that problemLOL
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov. 2018 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by ndnchf ndnchf wrote:

LOL True.

Unfortunately it needs to have some repairs and the drive train swapped out. I just enjoy driving it that I have been stalling to take it apart.
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov. 2018 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

Originally posted by ndnchf ndnchf wrote:

LOL True.

Unfortunately it needs to have some repairs and the drive train swapped out. I just enjoy driving it that I have been stalling to take it apart.

Mine to first I need a drive train to swap in.  Oh and a carburetor.  And a Jeep house to work in.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov. 2018 at 2:28am
By the time I made it home today it was dark and cold. Cry  The Jeep has just been sitting so I went out to start it. Battery needs charged up. If it is not raining in the morning I'll take the battery out and put it on the charger at work.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov. 2018 at 8:34pm
Luckily it was not raining this morning when I removed my battery, although it did pour an hour before. Battery is charging up as I type this.
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec. 2018 at 5:02am
Hey you might get one of those battery tenders from harbor freight. 
$4.99 with the stupid coupon LOL

Speaking of stupid I just realized I have 3-4 of them and not a single one hooked to a battery Embarrassed

1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1956 willys pickup boomer
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2018 at 5:23am
Spent 24 dollars for some gaskets and and bolts couple days ago.  Today they were waiting for me on the porch when I came home. Need to kick start myself into getting the other motor I have sitting on a stand at work together and in my Jeep.  

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2018 at 5:35pm
Moved it to the front of the house this morning so it can be in the sun all day. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 51>