Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My '47

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 51>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2013 at 4:41am
Getting A lot done / accomplished.

New gauges.

Replacing freeze plugs..

Check out my rear diff cover. 

The gears explode sometime in the past...

berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2013 at 3:48am
Lets see...

I bought a heat riser kit for mine cause the bushings were very worn. Took the manifolds to work and sandblased them. My intake had a cracked ear on one of the bolts that was welded bad who knows how long ago. Has pin holes in it.
My exhaust manifold had a lovely crack in it to. Good thin I work in the same building as a machine shop and a very professional welder.

Made a 2A top fit my 3A windshield. Not pretty but does what it needs to.

Dutch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2013 at 3:54am
Looks Great!!
What Primer did you use ?
Dutch
     ,[__|__],
l   L__O|||||O_
()_) ()_)-~--)_)
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2013 at 4:05am
Originally posted by Dutch Dutch wrote:

Looks Great!!
What Primer did you use ?

Thanks. In no way is it perfect
Rustoleum and where all the screws and seams are I sprayed this rubberized coating. so we will see if it works.
Dutch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2013 at 4:19am
was it an etching Primer ?
Dutch
     ,[__|__],
l   L__O|||||O_
()_) ()_)-~--)_)
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2013 at 4:27am
Originally posted by Dutch Dutch wrote:

was it an etching Primer ?

No just regular primer.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2013 at 2:07pm
Replaced oil pan, since the block is from a '41 Americar it had no skid plate.

Also added a draw bar

I took my old gas tank and wire wheeled it. found 3 holes. Was told about something called Seal-All. Couple dollars at Dollar General, it is oil and gas resistant so we shall see.

harvey45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harvey45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2013 at 2:28pm
Super Cool!   

F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2013 at 3:56pm
Gonna be a fine jeep when you are done.
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2013 at 1:50pm
Misc. things done to it...

Finished the window system, just need to add plexiglass and some weather striping

Holes covered up and brights switch bolted down....

Hit the engine with some paint...

Sealed gas tank and painted....

Added this rubber to try and keep as much water out as possible

Retractable light from an old Chevy added. This light will reach every end of the Jeep. I took the mercury switch out and added an on/off switch.

I know where I am putting my emblems Big smile

Dutch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct. 2013 at 3:29am
Really looks good, how is the timeline holding up?
Dutch
     ,[__|__],
l   L__O|||||O_
()_) ()_)-~--)_)
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct. 2013 at 1:20pm
Tuned up.

Bumper finished with tow bar brackets added.

Rear side marker lights wired in

Rebuilding the E-brake now and replacing rear T/C seal. Changing fluids in both trans and T/C.  No pictures unless you want to see dirty parts and disgusting lube. LOL

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct. 2013 at 3:02pm
Wiring in a switch for my dome light

Modified my linkage, not perfect but way better then what was there....

Transfer case waiting for gaskets, all bolts and brackets and covers cleaned up.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2013 at 1:31am
Decided with the top on, the mirrors on the body would be more useless so I made brackets to put them on the doors.

The UPS man delivered some goodies today...

Installed  the wipers and all wired up.

Also put on my windshield vent gasket.
zooke581 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zooke581 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2013 at 1:45am
It's looking real good.
General William C. Lee Chapter of the 101st Airborne Division Association. B Btry 1/321 FA 76-78

http://va101stairborne.com
http://sundialmotosports.com
http://kalamals.com
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2013 at 2:18am
Well I drove her today. maybe 20 miles. ran good. drove like a '47 Willys. I only had a straight pipe on it so it was loud!
But then the day went to hell. 
Bushing for the cold start valve both popped out. Bought a muffler, put it on was running but then no longer wanted to. Also changed the oil and flushed the radiator. but now it won't start.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2013 at 1:09pm
Well i know now why it was running terrible and now wont start....

Distributor key sheared off. AngryAngryAngryAngry

I guess better now then in the middle of America. I just bought a electronic ignition too... But now to find a replacement......
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct. 2013 at 9:35am
OK haven't updated...bought new Distributor and been driving it. I have put on 170 miles. been for the most part nice here in Ohio. Went to a toy show on Sunday. I took the top off on Tuesday and just enjoying it. 
 Few problems though. This Jeep likes to mark its territory! LOL  Also the closer I get to 50 MPH oil starts shooting out the dipstick tube. Confused Only noticed that when oil was flowing down the passenger side floor.
 Only did it with the top off, so I am thinking I am creating some kind of vortex/ wind tunnel or something. I have a small vent air filter in there. If i keep it around 40-45 it's fine. I'll worry about that later.
 Under the distributor on the block it must be thin or cracked because I have a little seeping of water there.
Rear main seal leaks. A lot. Should have replaced it when I did the oil pan gasket..
A little wander in the steering but not terrible. I know I have a bad tie rod end but I want to upgrade it. I have the TRE's already I just need a tube roughly 35 inches to go from knuckle to knuckle.
Brakes are decent for what they are. (9 inch drums, dual reservoir master cylinder) Will quietly look for 11 inch set up.
I have been just piecing the exhaust together. Tractor Supply muffler and pieces. Will eventually just order the full kit.
 One of the brass bushings fell out of the manifold for the heat riser, so a leak there.

Probably more but it is early. Pictures now then to bed i go.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 51>