Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Willys Patents

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Willys Patents
    Posted: 19 Sep. 2006 at 2:52pm
Managed to dig up some cool stuff

Willys Patents

Del, check out the PCV valve!

Sean
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2006 at 3:27pm
There are some cool pictures and info in these. That first listing for the vehicle closure looks just like my MB winterization hardware I have.

Thanks Sean!

Russ

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2006 at 3:56pm
Sean

Did you use this webpage to find them?

http://www.uspto.gov/patft/index.html

Russ

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2006 at 6:51pm
thats freaken cool.
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
dclear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dclear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2006 at 9:03pm
Sean--thanks for the reference.  That valve looks great!  I looked at my new one carefully, and could discern that it had innards, but could not figure out how they were put in there since it does not seem to screw apart.  It appears from the drawing that the thing must be pressed together.  If so, then I wonder how someone removed the innards from the one which came on my rig?  Punch-out perhaps?  We will probably never know for sure.  It sure is a strong piece, nevertheless.  No pressed sheet-metal here.
del clear

Together we can figure it out, after all, it's only a machine, if a man can build it, a man can fix it. {Author: bkruetz}
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2006 at 9:22pm
Love the tracked Willys with the ski's. Reminds me of these at a Farm Show we attended this year:
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2006 at 9:38pm
Sweeeet!......Hey Art, the color of that Model A is real close to the color the jeep's gonna be.
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2006 at 9:46pm
Del:
Quote That valve looks great!  I looked at my new one carefully, and could discern that it had innards, but could not figure out how they were put in there since it does not seem to screw apart.  It appears from the drawing that the thing must be pressed together.
My original is just like the patent.  I posted photos back on the original thread:

pcv valve in a 46 CJ2A

The patent describes it being threaded too.  Maybe the repros are permanent?

Sean
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2006 at 10:01pm
Russ:
Quote Did you use this webpage to find them?

http://www.uspto.gov/patft/index.html
I tried the US Patent Office, but they are WAY behind the times.  Their web pages are useless for anything earlier than 1976.  Anything prior to 1976 is only archived as TIFF images, with no search capability.  You have to ALREADY KNOW either the patent # or the issue date.

I had to go to the European Patent Offfice.  They have better records than the US Patent Office, but DON"T have the actual patents.  But you can search for Assignee or Inventor, and get the patent numbers.

Then come back this side of the pond and go to Free Patents Online, type in the patent #, and download the PDF.

Sean
p3ferris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3ferris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2006 at 10:13pm
Hey Gary Arf. did you see the drawing on the jungle bunny in the willys patents.  It is the one in the book I gave you.
Ed
cj2a lefty
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2006 at 10:28pm
That "Tracked" Jeep was actually made.  It was the prototype for the Allis Chalmers M-7 Snow Tractor (which used Willys L-134 engine):

Half Track Jeeps

M-7 Snow Tractor

Sean
Doug View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2006 at 11:20pm
Oh my..TRACKS!!!

I know where a White M16 half track is sitting in the weeds. Bad bad bad shape, firewall forward is complete, but the rest is a butchered mess. Soo tempting to drag it home. Tracks are still available, but last I checked they were $3000 per side without bogie wheels. OUCH.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
shouting "...holy cow, what a ride!"
 Post Reply Post Reply