Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HELP - Head removal!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlsjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug. 2012 at 12:58am
What he means is if water is getting into a combustion chamber it raises the comp ratio and the moisture in the fuel/air mix causes a steam when the fuel/air mix is combusted. That action blasts the carbon of the surfaces in the combustion chamber.

Some used that trick to clean carbon out of an engine by running the engine about half the rated rpm and pouring water into the carb. That would usually cause the engine to stall out and at the same time blow the carbon out of the cylinders. Of course you had to pour the water in slow enough to just load the engine down. If you pour to much in you could bend some rods or do other damage. 

I suggest you don't try that old trick.
Life is only as good as you make it.
Dirtmonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug. 2012 at 1:28am
Ya, dont think I will... Plus, I have the head off and can get to it all. Does look like there was water seeping in as the sides of the cylinder 1 & 4 had water drip lines along the top edges, but not bad, so looks like I caught it in time before it caused damage.
Current: '48 CJ2A #188461, '97 Jeep TJ, 2010 JK Unlimited (wife's), and a '97 Jeep Cherokee
Sold: '71 CJ5, '61 Willys Wagon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12